.5 ohm load to risky?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1026
you guys think it would be too risky to run my 1 ohm stable memphis amp at .5 ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3755
Try it and see. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1476
it would be dumb as hell. u have a stock electrical, youll lose efficiency dropping to .5 and you dont have the electrical to keep it from frying

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8596
Rob's having a difficult day lol.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1027
good point Trey

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3367
what about .5ohm on a kicker zx2500.1, i might use it for comps if i like the outcome of the install. Amp will be running 2ohm daily tho.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3145
I wouldn't even run that zx2500 at 1ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3764
"what about .5ohm on a kicker zx2500.1, i might use it for comps if i like the outcome of the install. Amp will be running 2ohm daily tho."

Dude.Weren't you teling us you were having problems with your amp heating up already?Why would you want to run it at an even lower ohm load,that wouldn't be smart at all.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6249
i ran mine at 1 ohms all day it did nto got warm or got stressed it was running like a champ at 1 ohm the kicker kx2500.1 perform it best at 0.5 it can be used only for burps not daily i blew one of mine when i gave it to my cousin and he wired 6 subs to 0.333 instead of 1.33 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3372
im not going to run at .5ohm yet, im finding out if the amp was modded or if it has a problem first and getting it fixed. Ill run it at 2ohm if its not good at .5ohm but i just thought id ask.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us