MidBASS

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 314
looking for a 6.5 inch comp set with really good mid bass for $200. for my 79' maro

Username: Snookumsthacat

Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Post Number: 2
I have a pair of infinity kappa 62.5i component speakers. I bought them new off of ebay for 60. They are excellent with a decent amplifier. Their ratings are:

75 x 2 @ 4 ohms

I would suggest the 2007 Infinity kappas but they are 2 ohm impedence. In this case I would get the 2007 Infinity kappa Perfect 6.1 speakers. They are new for 400 on car domain or they are new for 200 on ebay ( buy it now ). These speakers would be killer considering that these have 25 more watts @ 4 ohms each than mine and mine aren't perfects, and mine are awsome.

The perfects specs are:

6-1/2" Anodized aluminum woofer with butyl rubber surround
1" Anodized aluminum dome tweeter
2-way external crossover network (3500 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
Power Handling RMS:100 Watts
Power Handling Peak:400 Watts
Sensitivity:90dB
Frequency Response:75-23,000 Hz
Top-mount depth: 2-5/8"

Username: Snookumsthacat

Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Post Number: 3
and you could get this infinity reference 7520a 2 channel amp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Infiniti-Reference-7520a-Amp_W0QQitemZ230152920724QQihZ013QQ categoryZ39739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its at 50 dollars right now with $9.00 s&h with no bids.. you might end up getting it for around 50 - 80.

its 97 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms

In case you couldn't tell I use ebay alot. You can get the greatest things there and spend half as much.

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 350
I can definately say that Infinity kappa is GREAT if not the best Bang for the buck. But I also know that for that much, you might hage people tell you to look to CDT, or DLS, maybe even Phoenix Gold. But inf are nice, smooth, and natural. IMO a lil weak on the mids, Super harsh tweeters, and a lil too neutral in sound for most preferences. Whats your primary genre of music, maybe you can get a set appropriate for the application. Vehicle , setup, sq, slq, etc . .. ? And ebay is great for prices, but I belive the warranty goes out the window, but at 60 bucks for a set of Kappas, its kinda worth the risk (lol).

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1571
Good midbass can't be had from the perfects. They have an over emphasis on the higher end midbass to compensate for lack of depth. If you want a good midbass component setup you'll need to save a little more money and also make sure you have a good install for it. Deaden your doors well or else nothing will make it better.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 714
infinities sound good for most types of music, but need an eq to cut the 200 hz - 350 hz down a bit.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 316
i listen to mostly rap and some techno and rock and the midbass is very demanding and my 12.1 kappa perfects deffinately do not as well in the 80+ hz range. my amp is 125 x 4 rms at 2 ohms and 75 x 4 at 4 ohms
the kappa perfects, would they mesh well with my 12.1 perfects?? im looking for some poretty good thump in the 80hz plus range as well as good sq throught the whole range.

1000 rms worth or sub bass was a little too much imo and just completely drowns out everything else but at least it sounds clean. now im really just looking for somthing the keep up with my beautiful subs.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 717
don't go for any infinities for midbass...i own their 5.1, 6.1, 6x9, and 6.5" coaxial, and only the 6x9 puts out good solid midbass, but you sacrifice a bit of sq for it...

midbasses are a weird speaker honestly. I have seen many companies like image dynamics and mtx just use the regular component speaker and just cross it @ low pass 250 hz. Try going in the direction of a speaker made for midbass like adire's old koda midbass or kicker's ssmb6

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 340
well i just fryed my sub amp so im not going to be pushing an amp on my speakers until i can make up the $140 its going to cost me for the repair. but i will probly get some 125rms 2ohm mid/sub bass drivers for my rear shelf. and then just save for the PG 8.0:4 to power everything inside later maybe grandma will buy one for me for christmas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us