Can these subs take it??

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 396
i just came across a hell of a deal as i got 2 12 jl w6v2's dual 4 ohm for 330 shipped, now i have a mbquartraa 1000 amplifier and i will be running this at one ohm, i think the specs are 400 watts rms, will the extra 100 to each sub hurt it, and i have two prefab boxes, a sealed and ported, until i can get someone to build me one, which one do you think i should use>?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1024
i would run the sealed because most sealed boxes are pretty similar but ported is a whole different story

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 333
you'll be fine, just set the gains properly. go sealed if you want better sound quality and ported if you want more bump. two 12s can get pretty loud though.

btw, you got a great deal wish I could've found that deal.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 153
I have two of the old style w6's which are also 400 rms and they are getting 1000w and they are fine with it.

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 397
yeah i think i've finally foudn my system that i am going to actually keep in this just because i've always wanted a w6 or w7 and i foudn 2 w6's and i hear they are pretty efficent being rated at so low of an rms, so i think i'm going to finally stick with this, now i just gotta find someone to buy my cvr 15's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us