Post Number: 1511
Has anyone ever used a circut breaker instead of a an inline fuse

like this:
http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=CB200A

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3739
Why would you need that?If you're constanly blowing your circuit and repeatedly resetting it then you need to find out why the circuit is blowing and with a circuit breaker you wouldn't find out the problem,you'd go and reset it and again you'd pop it and resest and pop and you get the idea.If your fuse blows...you're doing something wrong.I just don't see the point in spending the money on a circuit breaker at all.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 538
They can be nice and very convinient, but sometimes get messed up being under your hood and all. If you can keep it clean, it's probably a good choice. Don't listen to anything rob says..

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3355
Circuit breakers just save you the hassle of buying new fuses if u blow them or disconnecting them everytime you want to work on your amp or anything instead of pulling out tools to take out the old fuse and stuff, just open the breaker, i had one before but i lost it somwhere it works fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3741
"They can be nice and very convinient, but sometimes get messed up being under your hood and all. If you can keep it clean, it's probably a good choice. Don't listen to anything rob says.."

Alright genius.Snarl,I wouldn't steer you wrong.I've talked with many shops about why they don't recommend circuit breakers and it makes sense.You can hit me up on AIM if you want a more in depth explanation so you aren't mislead by others.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8586
My opinion is a breaker would train you to become lazy. If you had to physically replace a fuse it would encourage you to solve the problem. Not to mention a fuse is also there to help prevent a fire. I wouldn't ignore the signs by just resetting a breaker. I would want to know why. That's just me tho....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3742
^Ya think Paul? :-) You're a smart man.Way to restate basically,exactly what I said :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8589
Oh wait, you had a post?

I need to start drinking earlier lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3743
Well Paul,I'm glad to see your not all post and no knowledge.You made me proud this time.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14286
fuse is better. fuse causes you to solve the problem while with a circuit breaker, you would just go reset it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3745
"They can be nice and very convinient, but sometimes get messed up being under your hood and all. If you can keep it clean, it's probably a good choice. Don't listen to anything rob says.."

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2654
I ran one for a while. It was convient when you wanted to disconnect your system. I had a 150 on the power wire. But if it pops, then theres a problem. As far as one better then the other? Well most houses now have breakers, and if 1 trips, its cause of a fault or overload. Again, who is going to go reset over and over again a house breaker, with out calling an Electrician. Common sense. A breaker is just as reliable as a fuse, with out the hassle of replacing a fuse.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2322
it goes both ways. personally id use a fuse but breakers are convient but you care about your system for them to be nice. where i live there is one place that has two of the fuses i run. i breaker would be goood in that situatio. but if i trip it im not gonna just flip back on. ima try to fix why it tripped. but those breakers are fckin expendsive. fuses are cheaper and do the same thing. breakers arent for your cosumer that doesnt care how it work or why just like it cu it goes boom. fuses are inexspensive work just fine easy to use and look cooler in an install }

Gold Member

Post Number: 3747
Circuit breakers may be CONVENIENT but since I would never use one of those pieces of s hit myself I can't say I've experienced it but...did you guys know that sometimes circuit breakers fail?Meaning they don't trip and they heat up for whatever reason (Perhaps the bi-metallic strip didn't move or was blocked due to some form of resistance) and then you have a nice fire on your hands.Although I've never heard of this happening in car audio, I would think it to be possible and there may be someone out there that this has happened to.I'll use a fuse FTW.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2400
Listen to Rob you fucks before he loses it and kills you all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3748
Today was not a good day for me at all lol.I nearly attacked 2 co-workers but I was able to hold back.I was pissed off from 7:20 til 11:30 lol.What a nice day I've been having :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8593
Upload

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2326
your a circuit breaker brad! pwn! ok maybe not. robs outta control.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3751
It's all good Hunter,only with people that I dislike or I think are stupid.Paul,that's an awesome emoticon or whatever you wanna call it.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2327
looks like rob blew a fuse today....no pun intended ok maybe a lil pun. why did you almost go postal on coworkers?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3754
Well,I get to work on time like I always do and I'm bustin my a ss to get things done and s hit moving and these ignorant sons of b1tches show up late and then yell at me because I don't want to help them with something that I'm already doing...it doesn't make sense does it?I was already working on the thing they wanted help with and they were b1tching at me to help them with let's just say part 2 of the task.I got called a"fuck1ng jag off" for not doing work they could attempt to do and the nerve of the pr1cks...we start at 6:30 and they showed up late at 7:15 and start b1tching at me for help.That's when I snapped on em and they walked off so...my god was I pissed.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2331
what typw of business you into?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1513
wow i get home from work and i didnt expect to have this many replies. Rob wuts ur SN?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3758
Snarl my Sn is Getripped84 and Hunter:

http://www.tristatewholesale.com/default.asp

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 540
Chill out rob lol, I was just messin with you man. Anyways, yes fuses are better. You're taking more of a gamble by using a breaker but we can't be sure how much more of a chance you would be taking. Do what you want.

(ps rob- look into valium.)

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2336
i would have freajed out on them too. i hate coworkers like that. i woulg have toldthem to get fcked and told them how useless they were as a worker and a human being.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3761
"(ps rob- look into valium.)"

No thanks man.Drugs and or alcohol are not my way of dealing with problems or stress.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us