Alpine MRP-M450 with Mach5 MAW10?

Bronze Member
Username: Jjohan35

Post Number: 16
Hi folks,

I don't understand the electronics and physics all that well (ohm, dual voice coil, etc). I wanted to know if this amplifier will work with the Mach5 Maw10 10" sub. The amp has 220 RMS x 1ch 4ohm. The Maw10 can handle 250 RMS 4ohm. But it's dual voice coil, which sorta throws me off. If that somehow throws off the RMS, can someone suggest a different D amp for similar budget? Thanks for replies.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
bump.

Silver Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 106
if its dual 4 ohm you can wire that down to 2 ohm load which is rated at 400w on that amp. The amp will be more than powerful enough to run that sub. I'm not sure how much power those subs can take but you should be fine with that amp and that sub as long as you set your gains correctly.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 787
The Maw10 you speak of can be wired down to 2ohm in a Parallel circuit(I can get you a diagram if you wish), so you're gonna see more power out of that amp. I don't know how good Mach5's build quality is, someone else should let you know if the Maw10 can hold up with that much power or not.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2318
The Mach5 Maw 10" 0r 12" will work just fine on that amp.

Wire it this way.
http://www.cardomain.com/shop/wooferwizard.pl?num_of_subs=1&impedance_of_subs=4o hm_dvc&x=144&y=7

Set to gain on your amp to your volts of your head unit.
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

Hope this helps you out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
man that's 400 watts for a 250 watt sub. that sorta freaks me out man.

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 244
250 watts at 4 ohms... it can probably handle more at 2 ohms and at 2 ohms 400 watts would be perfect...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us