Mazda 3

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1948
what do u guys think about the Mazda 3 4 door sedan. i would get black 5 spd and tint the windows

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 307
looks pretty cool... black is a good color for those as well.

are you getting a new one?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1949
ya i get one in like march or april so im just lookin around

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
of 2008? what's the price range you are looking at?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1950
up to about 15-16k

Gold Member

Post Number: 1953
i was doing some research and i like the hyundai tiburon and the mazda 3. tib being more sporty and the mazda lookin mor luxorious. for how much i drive i will save about 300 bucks goin with the mazda but doesnt have as many mods as the tib. tib would end up having racy looking rims, tint, system or course, cat back, cold air. the mazda would have tint, system, maybe the exhaust and cold air, and more of a flahsy type rim like lexani or sumthin. Any opinions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 314
IMO used acura rsx > tiburon, even if you're going to mod it with only rims & catback

but b/t those two I would go with the mazda3, never really liked hyundai

Gold Member

Post Number: 1957
i was thinkin that too cusae i kinda want a car that looks kinda luxorious if u would say. just really simple black car, dark tint, chrome or black rims..make it look clean. and since they stopped makeing the rsx in 06' coudl u still buy them new? like ones that havnt sold yet?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1105
sgdenny has one. ask him

Gold Member

Post Number: 1958
alright does he have aim if so whats his addy?

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
yeah i like how you're thinking... i don't think i've ever seen a mazda w/ rims that aren't stock lol
and interior lighting is way too orange for me too (at night)

newest body style for the RSX is the '05 models.
i'm sure you can find some new, but it will be out of our budget of $15-16k so i would go pre-owned...

plus a system in the RSX hatch will sound killerrr compared to the Mazda3 IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1962
i wish i could get pre owned buy i cant and if i find an o5 model it should be cheaper than it was in 05 shouldnt it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
yep, find a dealership and see what's up
also if you haven't test driven any yet just go do that, it might help narrow down to what you like best.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1963
ive always wanted an rsx but there is like no parts for it only for the type s so that makes me kinda mad

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 571
Mazda owns hyundai @ss all day everyday. I have a 07 black 3 now and had a 01 tiburon before. The service of hyundai is crap. I looked at the newer tiburons but the Mazda has so much more. The thing I love about the Mazda3s are that you can make them look sporty or just smooth looking. The handling is WAY better in the 3 and theyre about even speed wise. The only advantage hyundai has is the warranty but with a few more dollars a month you get the extended warranty which is the same. Plus the ABS/Side curtain airbag package is only like $400 more. Bigger trunk for audio too. The black looks awesome especially with the black taillights.

Plus the gas. Mazda is way better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
yeah well the type s just comes with like 40 more hp (iirc) off the bat, and what parts were you looking for specifically for a rsx?

Bronze Member
Username: Sqlspl

Derby, CT

Post Number: 77
The Tiburon of 2001 is no comparison to the 2002 up to the Tiburon today. The new Tiburon offers two tone interior with a solid v6 with an excellent factory audio system by Infinity that can be included with a subwoofer, not that it matters, because you would probably change that anyway. The Tiburon has a way more luxurious interior. I can only say that because both of my friends own the top models of the 3 and the Tiburon. The biggest problem with the Tiburon, the suspension is a little weak and it handles a little sluggish, whereas the 3 is nimble on the corners and accelerates wonderfully out of them. The Mazda 3 can handle it's self on a backroad and off while maintaining excellent gas mileage. As for motor reliability they both are good motors and have excellent aftermarket options. However the Mazda 4 cylinder motor is bulletproof and has been for over 20 years along with it's manual transmissions. I go buy opinions cast by the multitude on these things not just by my own. My first interest is cars and then it is sound. As much as the Tiburon is pleasant to the eyes and pocketbook to an extent the Mazda fits more needs. It is 4 door and nicely equipped for the Mazda's entry level sedan. It is quite feisty for it's four cylinder power plant and with tints and rims you can set the road on fire. Lets also remember that gas is expensive and that you will save money which you already know. In today's market I would go with the Mazda 3. If I wanted some speed and a coupe with wonderful luxury options the Tiburon would be my choice. It's your opinion in which way you will sway towards.

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 573
no sh!t assh0le I never compared the 01 tib to the newer ones, i simply had one. Plus smart man there was no 02 tib. I researched a new car for 3 months, test drove everything from tiburon, mazda3, jetta, lancer. So dont come on this board trying to preach to everyone buddy. And are you kidding, the 3's interior is SO much better. Besides the very integrated radio, the interior of the 3 is sooooooooo much more roomy, comfortable, customizable, and have you ever looked in the glovebox? biggest glovebox ive ever seen.

Can you ever be proud to own a hyundai?
i sure wasnt

Now go blaze the road on fire

Gold Member

Post Number: 1965
i was leanin more towards the mazda cause i always liked the look of a more luxorious vehicle with nice chrome rims but neva could find one that looked like that in my price range but i think the mazda 3 will do. Are the headlights projectors, or is it just look that way? and do u know any sites taht have good catbacks cause all i can find is the HKS, Borla, and magnaflow. i was looking for others but couldnt find any.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1966
SGDenny do u have aim? what is ur name cause i have some questions about the 3

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
mazda's have the HID lights

Gold Member

Post Number: 1969
alright i thoughts so..u know how some hid bulbs have different colors. like blue and purple, could i just change the bulbs and get like a purpleish light instead, since they are already HID do i need to do anything else besides getting the bulbs?

Bronze Member

Derby, CT

Post Number: 80
I didn't preach anything clown shoes. And if you read the goddamn post you would see that I supported the 3. I also messed up and put a 2 instead of 2003. I was not trying to be smart. You just go around saying Hyundai's suck. Well how will he know if he doesn't try driving one. I am not trying to show up anyone here. I am not some pryck who gets his jollies off being more knowledgeable than anyone else. I call them like I see them and it's my opinion. It looks like lack of reading leads to useless posts. I supported the Mazda 3 yet I am not going to sit here and say it more luxurious than a Tiburon. The older Tiburon you had yes, but not the 03-present. You can get The 03 and up for his price range. You better cool it the f u c k down Dickdrool. Jay if you want something to answer your queries go to Edmunds.com they will give you your information and testaments of drivers who had the cars that you are interested in. Enjoy and Peace Out

Bronze Member

Derby, CT

Post Number: 81
Anyway lets get past the misunderstanding Denny and let me ask you a question. Wasn't it hard as hell to see out of that 01 Tiburon? I mean those Blind Spots and if you had the Automatic transmission DAMN. My buddy Mike has one of those right now with two kicker compvrs and the only thing that is worth anything to me is the pioneer DEH-6900 HU. He payed 5grand for it in 2005 and nothing but transmission problems from there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
well back to the HID lights... yeah you can change the bulbs to make it purpleish i think those are always badass, but they're not the cheapest thing.

i tend to see purple HIDs on mercs the most. i think it's supposed to be illegal unless it comes stock, but who the hell cares...

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 575
I read all of what you wrote buddy, but why dont you understand that I had about 5 friends that have the new model tibby and I test drove the newest tibby and imo the 3's interior is better then all. I dont know why you dont understand that I never compared the 01 tib and the 3. Fact of the matter is I own a 3 so i have more exp with it then you, and even though i had a old tibby I have dealt with hyundai service for 3 years.

To me you just show up and start to act like you know everything about everything. and its kinda annoying.

just gimme a pm jay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us