How is this louder?

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 537
i was in both my friends car one has a 15" kicker L7 with a zx1500.1 amp in a 1999 toyota camry, my other friend has a 15" kicker cvx with a zx1500.1 amp in a 2003 mitsubishi galant. and i was in both cars and the cvx got soooooo much louder but everybody was telling me l7's are louder then the cvx but the cvx just sounds better. to me the cvx got a lot louder and sounded better how is this possible is it cuz of the car size or box or port?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4824
could be lots of things. install, vehicle, etc. like i've said before, cvx's can get as louder or louder, depending on install, then an l7 and still have better sq. best sub kicker makes imo.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5725
wanna be mistified again swap subs from one car to the other

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 538
yea if we swap the subs the l7 would prob be louder in the galant possibly or maybe it could be the tuning on the box but the cvx just sounded really good to me and got so loud

Gold Member

Post Number: 5726
well Ill give you a for instance just placed in our car without metering we were at about 140 db but after finding just the right placement we went up to 142 db this was firing backward then firing forward we lost 3 db

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 539
i noticed in the galant his port is on the side of the box and in the camry his port is on teh front of the box could this make the difference to

Gold Member

Post Number: 5727
windows up windows down can make a difference and most people gain windows down...we dont we lose spl

Gold Member

Post Number: 5728
yes where the port is can make a big difference also it did for us

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 540
yup windows down im guessin the cvx was louder cuz its a big 15" sub in a smaller car??

Gold Member

Post Number: 5729
nope its not the size I dont think cuz we have a 12

Gold Member

Post Number: 5730
ok i got to go talk to ya later

Bronze Member
Username: Peterstv

Gainesville, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 54
the cvx and the l7 have the same motor structure, ones just square and the other is round. personally, i think the round sounds better most of the time, depending on the install.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2287
chris did you finally decide on a sub? what gets me is that L7 has more power as well. there are many variable as to why its louder. or just the fact that the cvx is beter and outperfomed the L7.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 541
bump

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3357
placement\install\electrical\signal\box design\ect to many things to be sure. My old 12cu box i had in my last ride with 2 15's got louder if i pulled it further away from the hatch, and got lower when being closer. On a A\C meter i gained about 4db from it being moved further back. Also could have more air leaks or better sound proofing in areas, air leaks make it louder when they are in the right area.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3358
by air leaks i mean like windows down and such, not in the box. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us