OT> just wondering

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s, 300 watt Jense..., 133.3db@49hz!!

Post Number: 376
ok, when i use torrents it takes 2hours to download an average movie, but when I download them from JOOX, its 20-30 minutes...anyone know why?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2332
Two different animals. Joox hosts their files on a server and torrents are completely reliant on the number of seeders and leechers on the tracker you have chosen. Each seeder and leecher sends you a little piece of the movie at between 1-10kbps and the speed you end up with is determined by how many of them there are. This is why it is so important that you spend some time searching for the movie you want at all the various torrent sites until you find the one with the highest numbers.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s, 300 watt Jense..., 133.3db@49hz!!

Post Number: 377
ah, oh and btw, just downloaded PeerGuardian, it hides your computer address so they can't trace downloads to you, ha ha ha.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 551
Wolf, that's not what peer guardian does lol. It blocks your computer from connecting to know Ips from several types of anti piracy coporations. If you use IRC to download everything, you don't ever have to worry about being caught.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 151
i use btjunkie.com for my torrents.

what is IRC?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2335
Well not exactly. I have been using PG for many years, and now PG2, and what it actually does is blocks incoming TCP/IP connections from entering your computer AFTER they have acquired your IP. It works by compiling lists of IP's from RIAA watchdog groups and blocks any IP on the list from entering your computer to look for pirated material. It also blocks them from verifying that your computer is actually online and what you have been downloading, because all they receive is a "failure to connect" notice. I have been a contributing member of phoenix/meth labs since the beginning and some of my design ideas are implemented in PG2.

It is not a failsafe method, if they really want to investigate you they can and will, but it is far better than using nothing at all. By the way, the RIAA just won in court the right to place "IP loggers" on almost all of the large torrent sites. As soon as you log on to the site, your IP is recorded. They don't have the cash to convict the average "small-fries", but are concentrating on users that download hundreds of titles a day and show signs consistent with being a commercial pirate.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2336
"what is IRC?"

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat and it is basically a huge network of people that chat together and share files one on one via instant messaging.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3635
Since we're on the subject,here's a little YT Cracker for you fools.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3zvGRNu08B4

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 6049
HAHA WHO MADE THAT VIDEO WAS PLAYING STAR WARS AND MICHAEL JACKSON HAHAHA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us