Cap question

Username: Brettdotcom14

Howell, NJ United States

Post Number: 1
im going to be wiring my first cap tomorrow and im not quite sure about everything. hopefully someone can help me out...

the + from the battery goes to the cap then i use another wire on top of that to go to the amp? using ring terminal connectors to attach the wires to the cap?

and i should bolt the ground and put the other wire to the amp then charge the cap then connect the ring terminals to the cap?

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 288
dont use a cap

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3088
^^^^ X2

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 365
don't use it if u haven't bought it but you did so here. and btw come on guys i know you hate caps but after someone has bought it you tell them not to bother using it then don't help as it is.

the cap must be charged first before you hook it up so be careful.

Upload

Username: Mark872

Post Number: 7
i have my amp and cap grounded seperate...is that even helpin anything havin it wired the way i do?

Bronze Member
Username: Tinytruck

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 49
god yes, some people have No idea how to wire electricity. You need to ground the amp as close as you can, hopefully within three feet. But you need the cap grounded also, just dont ground the amp to the cap...make sure you charge the cap before you put the battery cable to it!- mike

Bronze Member

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 50
oh and caps are a great option, not the best, but a great option, i use four of them and a two hundred amp alternator!

Howell, NJ United States

Post Number: 2
is it okay for me to ground the amp and cap at the same spot on the car?

Bronze Member

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 51
yea, make sure when you get ready to bolt it in, that you remove any paint and get to good metal before you ground the cap and amp! and again i cant stress enough the importance of charging the cap BEFORE you hook it up!!!

mike

Howell, NJ United States

Post Number: 3
what happens if you dont ground it well? i did charge it before i hooked it up, it got to 12.9 then it wouldnt go any higher. thanks for the help

Bronze Member

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 54
well it probably wont work, but if it does, you take a chance on damaging either the cap or another aspect of you're system! 12.9 is fine and when you hook up the battery you will see the actual voltage on the cap rise to 14.4 or14.5 thats fine, Let me know if you have any other questions! my email is mbessiere@charter.net

Bronze Member

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 56
Hey i thought i would post up a couple of photos here for ya too look at

[IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa95/driver4wb/DSC00137.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa95/driver4wb/DSC00136.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa95/driver4wb/DSC00133.jpg[/IMG]

Bronze Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 77
that install looks pretty cool... and must sound sic in that small cab!!!

Bronze Member

Duluth, Ga US of A

Post Number: 57
oh it will! 3000 watts rms in that truck. 1 gauge power and ground wire, just finished all the "capacitor connectors" last night, but i'm waiting on another 10 foot of ground cable so i can ground the caps! once thats done, the "ford Bumper" will again be pissing off the county! I'll post pics off it when it is done. Should be impressive?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us