4channel 2000W amp for 1 alpine type r, help

Username: N1nja

Post Number: 1
Will a 4 channel 2000W(4X500w) amp power 1 alpine type-r sub? I dont know anything about amps sorry, any help would be appreciated...

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

I walk around like I g..., Yea thats ab... Half a brick...

Post Number: 8501
What brand amp?

Post Number: 2
its Mitzu...

Post Number: 3
Can a 4ch 2000w amp be wired to give all 2000W to the sub? Or is it only possible for it to give the sub 500W? I don't really know what I'm talking about, i just don't want to underpower my sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 57
I wouldn't do it. Can you bridge the channels into 2 channels? If so put one coil per bridged set, but I'd just get a mono amp.

Post Number: 5
problem is, i already bought the amp on ebay like a dumbass. But yes, 2 channels are bridgeable, so it is possible to give all 2000W to my sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 59
it depends on what ohm load the coils are, and at what ohm the amp puts out rated power. what vc configuration is it?

Post Number: 6
Nevermind, I decided screw it, i just bought a mono 2000W amp, thanks for the help though i appreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4782
what brand?

Mitzu really s.cks

You should get a jl 500/1

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1354
That 2000w mitzu is probably closer to 500w - maybe less. What mono amp did you buy?
Is the sub model number end in 42 or 22?

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1231
no you will not get all the power. you will get half of whatever the real RMS power is, which is likely to be about 1/6 to 1/4 the power they say it is.

its a piece of junk. they say its 2000 watts which is peak power and is extremely misleading, the RMS power is the true continuous output the speaker will actually see.

FYI peak power is a marketing trick, makes the amp look 4-5x more powerful than it is. you'd be lucky if that thing is 75w rms x4

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4794
haha that mitzu comes with a 20A fuse, i'm telling you cuz i got scammed once
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us