New Speakers....Do I need new Head Unit

Username: No_idea

Post Number: 2
I currently have a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee with all stock audio equipment. My speakers are not very loud and they are starting to get scratchy so I was thinking about getting new Speakers. I was looking at the Pioneer model# TS-A1682R. The guy at best buy said if I want them to make a difference I need to buy a new head unit. Can anyone give me suggestions on if I really need to do this

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1315
well you will hear a difference with after market speakers no matter what head unit you have but i personaly would get another HU, because you will hear more off a difference, but to answer your question you will hear a difference even with a stock HU so tell the best buy guy that he dont know what hes talkin bout. and for you, stay on the forum for a while then buy somthing better from somwere else. but it also depends on wether you buy sh*t or good sh*t.

Username: Jjohan35

Post Number: 1
if someone can translate what joseph kubiak said, i would greatly appreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1317
HU=HeadUnit=radio/cdplayer,etc

hahaha

Username: Tblazer74

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 3
Stock car audio systems are mediocre at the best level. If you get a new head unit, it will make adding things like subs or more speakers later on easier. I doubt your stock head unit is putting out as many WRMS as any Aftermarket HU. You can get a good one for not that much money, and it will be worth it. You should really think about getting an amp for those speakers, and getting some in the back as well, but I don't know the RMS rating of those Pioneers off hand. Also, a Aftermarket HU makes playing MP3's much easier through an AUX cable or an integrated cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us