Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1926
yeah i don't have a problem with you posting stuff like this

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 883
those havocs look sick! kinda dissapointed with the arsenals and assassins though. i guess they were filling the gap that FI has and making some lower powered subs. can't wait to see what the price is

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 977
"yeah i don't have a problem with you posting stuff like this" lol lmfao hahahaha

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 347
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9881

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5470
sexy time

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3908
damnit...
i want a new havoc

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1342
look nice, bet they are priced amazingly well lol

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 555
i'm wondering how many average joes will say "i always knew W7's were friggin awesome!" when they hear/see the havoc. or am i the only one that notices that the top view and even the placement of the little emblem look exactly like a W7..? lol.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1651
^^Thats exactly what popped in my head when I saw it.

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 429
how does the sq of the havoc's compare to the SI Mag and the 05xxx? Those things look great.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

I walk around like I g..., Yea thats ab... Half a brick...

Post Number: 8500
I thought they were coming out with new models?

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 351
The only thing that is the same is the name.

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 430
So are the havocs Sql woofers?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1051
these better perform a TON better than they look and the specs suggest. every single woofer went down in rms? better be efficient and VERY VERY cheap or im fvuckin incredibly disappointed that i wasted my god damn time waiting for this POS line to come out.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 352
JK did you read what scott said on the AA forum? And do you really think Fi is going to build a POS line for AA? In addition the only "specs" released are the rms, and that is not a defining factor of how a sub is or build or preforms.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3598
^Lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3599
Scott can't take too much business away from Fi :-)

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 353
Fi and AA are aimed at two different markets.

Fi is direct only
AA is dealer only

AA will really not effect Fi sales at all.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4795
denim, is ssa an aa dealer now? if so could you pm me the prices, preferably the 12" arsenal? or maybe a little more info, like the release date?

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 354
Prices are not released yet and the subs will be available soon.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4797
how soon though?????????????? at least give up that much. we at least deserve that much.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 512
It's going to be interesting to see how the new havocs compare to mine and dane's.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 355
ctmike, I don't know the exact day yet. As soon as it is posted on the AA forum by Scott I will know.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 449
The Havocs look like JL subs

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4838
they look nice.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3914
denim...hit us with the link when they come out man i appreciate it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3600
"AA will really not effect Fi sales at all."

Yea right.If someone is buying one sub over another in any way it DOES have an effect on sales.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1011
what, denim???? that makes no sense. How can AA being hyped up so much and expectation running sky high, NOT affect the market of Fi Car Audio. Its like when a walmart buils a new store in a town that only used to have Target.... its obvious target would lose people to the new walmart...the way of business...

Oh and about the line, yea W7 look al over that sh!t, i dont like it.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 357
I guess I have to repeat myself,

AA = Dealer network (one online, the rest brick and mortar)
Fi = Direct only (no stores at all, period)

The Fi line has always been directed at the more DIY type of audio person, it is customizable to the customers needs and you can speak directly with the designer.

AA is going into stores and shops for a much broader customer base. The average person out there walking into an audio shop is not going to know or understand the inner workings of a speaker or know what T/S parameters are and how they effect the performance of the speaker.

So like I said, AA should not really effect Fi sales at all (in the grand scheme of things).

And to re-enforce the point, direct quote from Scott of Fi (posted on the AA forum):

Ratings on everything were higher before. When going back through and redesigning things I rated them this time at what I felt comfortable with. Even the Assassins rating went down some although the coil is a decent amount beefier than the last version. I like the ratings to reflect an all around usage and not have issues even with somethings being incorrect with the setup. I have done plenty of OEM where comapnies have rated things far beyond what I would have... then had to deal with the resulting problems of them rating things so high. I hate returns, plain and simple.

I havent had any marketing issues in rating past products or Fis current lineup where I have either... as it seems most people ignore them anyway and run what they want or feel they can get away with smile.gif

Nope, no use of splitgap on the subs. As mentioned above, we use split coil on the mids. Similar results overall.

Carbon fiber dustcaps were cool, but sort of a PITA considering the attachment and expense. Not out of the question for the future, but not in the plans right now.

How do they compare to the Fi lineup? There is very little stepping on of toes between the two companies, even considering the drastically different markets that both companies are geared towards.

Thanks,
Scott

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9881&st=0

Now think about it,

Assassin series does not directly compare to a Fi model, (power and design) same goes with the Arsenal's. Since people on here want to judge a sub based totally on its rms ratting, both the Assassin and Arsenal are ratted much lower then the SSD's and will use different coils.

The Havoc is the same way, its rms is ratted higher then a Fi Q and lower then a BTL and is available in less sizes, with no custom parts and different coils.

So in conclusion the two lines (IN THE BIG PICTURE) will not really effect the sales of each other. Based on the power and coils alone, not very often does someone change an amplifier (at least in the internet world) for a new sub.

Is there still confusion?

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 358
I guess I have to repeat myself,

AA = Dealer network (one online, the rest brick and mortar)
Fi = Direct only (no stores at all, period)

The Fi line has always been directed at the more DIY type of audio person, it is customizable to the customers needs and you can speak directly with the designer.

AA is going into stores and shops for a much broader customer base. The average person out there walking into an audio shop is not going to know or understand the inner workings of a speaker or know what T/S parameters are and how they effect the performance of the speaker.

So like I said, AA should not really effect Fi sales at all (in the grand scheme of things).

And to re-enforce the point, direct quote from Scott of Fi (posted on the AA forum):

Ratings on everything were higher before. When going back through and redesigning things I rated them this time at what I felt comfortable with. Even the Assassins rating went down some although the coil is a decent amount beefier than the last version. I like the ratings to reflect an all around usage and not have issues even with somethings being incorrect with the setup. I have done plenty of OEM where comapnies have rated things far beyond what I would have... then had to deal with the resulting problems of them rating things so high. I hate returns, plain and simple.

I havent had any marketing issues in rating past products or Fis current lineup where I have either... as it seems most people ignore them anyway and run what they want or feel they can get away with smile.gif

Nope, no use of splitgap on the subs. As mentioned above, we use split coil on the mids. Similar results overall.

Carbon fiber dustcaps were cool, but sort of a PITA considering the attachment and expense. Not out of the question for the future, but not in the plans right now.

How do they compare to the Fi lineup? There is very little stepping on of toes between the two companies, even considering the drastically different markets that both companies are geared towards.

Thanks,
Scott

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9881&st=0

Now think about it,

Assassin series does not directly compare to a Fi model, (power and design) same goes with the Arsenal's. Since people on here want to judge a sub based totally on its rms ratting, both the Assassin and Arsenal are ratted much lower then the SSD's and will use different coils.

The Havoc is the same way, its rms is ratted higher then a Fi Q and lower then a BTL and is available in less sizes, with no custom parts and different coils.

So in conclusion the two lines (IN THE BIG PICTURE) will not really effect the sales of each other. Based on the power and coils alone, not very often does someone change an amplifier (at least in the internet world) for a new sub.

Is there still confusion?

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1052
i dont see yet how this is better than the older lines. lol i know its not all about the numbers but to me this just doesnt look good?? am i the only one whos disappointed?

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 413
Im loving the havoc thats the only sub i am really impressed by. Agree jk the other lines are eh but its not about looks its about performance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3602
"So in conclusion the two lines (IN THE BIG PICTURE) will not really effect the sales of each other. Based on the power and coils alone, not very often does someone change an amplifier (at least in the internet world) for a new sub.

Is there still confusion? "

Apparently.The only thing is that it's you that is confused.For every sale of a sub that isn't a Fi sub takes away from sales of Fi.I understand that Fi is going towards the DIYers and that AA will be sold at the flea market and at stores blah blah but a lot of people that were thinking about buying Fi subs decided to wait for AA and will buy AA instead of Fi.Are you still confused Denim?I can possibly use smaller words if you need me to.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 360
Rob,

Now tell me how a sold Assassin is taking away from Fi? Man all those BTL sales are really going to hurt AA huh?

The people who wanted to wait for AA subs can now start to see how they don't go directly against Fi subs. If someone wants an all out SPL driver and has tons of power, AA does not have what they need. If someone wants a low power SQ driver, Fi does not really have what they need, and so on and so on.

If there is no real direct competition between different company lines, sales are really not hurt either way. What you are saying is the same as Chrysler is taking away sales from Mercedes. Both owned by the same company, share some parts, an obvious price difference, different options, but are not built to go up against one another. Is it really that hard to understand?

Scott is not going build and own two different companies that fight with each other. That would be flat out silly. He is building two different companies with two different goals, with two different demographics, and two different sales formats. I can explain it again if need be.

Silver Member

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 886
i'll have to wait to see the prices before i make a final judgement but it doesn't look good. i know there are other factors to the sub then rms rating. but can you tell me which sub will perform better: the old arsenal or the new one? considering the old arsenal could take 1000w and had awesome sound quality, i just don't see how the new arsenal is going to be an upgrade?

Silver Member

Post Number: 887
sry to double post, but isn't that what we were waiting for? an upgrade from old AA lines.

Username: Ndmstang65

Post Number: 9
None of you can see the forest from the trees.

Fi is a custom built to you sub period. Each sub is built per person, per install, to what they specifically want and need, it is not something that a dealer can stock, nor do we want them to do so.

AA is a separate entity that is aimed at the dealer market. No options, other then what impedence coil do you want, and what size/series do you want. Components and other things will be coming out soon and AA will be a full fledged dealer lineup.

Trust me, it's not going to hurt Fi a bit.

As with the ratings, we rate the products now how we rate the Fi line. The ratings are how we view the woofers can take this amount of power no matter the scenario, and not fail. Regardless of what they "may" have been "rated" at in the past. The coils that the woofers use now are actually larger than the older woofers and have more material to work with if that's any insight on the power handling 'issue'.

Thanks
-Nick

Silver Member

Post Number: 888
an ssd can handle about 1100w in nearly any scenario with no options. that's about 33% more than rms rating. if the arsenal can take 33% more than rated power than it could handle 700w respectively. that's 300w under the old arsenal, and with all that i don't see how it will be louder than the old line. and the old arsenal was sql leaning towards sq, so is the new arsenal a pure sq driver?

Post Number: 10
I'm not going to say what it will, or what it will not handle. We stick to our guns with 750 watts with the SSD's, if you find that you can run more power then that and have no issues then that's fantastic.

All of the AA line was/is designed with musical applications in mind for daily driving scenario's that dealers can stock on their shelves. % of power or % of SQ is based upon the user of the sub, and the install that it is in.

Thanks
-Nick

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1012
not saying its going to hrut it either, just saying that it giuves customers one more company to choose from, therefore ultimately it will take away fi customers. I dont really care, just saying that i dont see how u can say it wouldnt. Its not a bad thing, ....yuh

Silver Member

Post Number: 891
i guess what i'm dissapointed by is the fact that AA has no lines that compete with fi lines. i guess i should have suspected this, but i thought the two companies would be more separate than that. it looks like AA was only released to fill the gaps that fi left

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1056
denim, in a few weeks there will be a ssd or arsenal thread. some1 will be comparing those two. i guarantee. i see wat ur saying but the way the user purchases isnt what we r saying. i understand direct market is different.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3608
Please explain this to me again Denim.I'm a little slow and who is Nick if you don't mind me asking?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
<--Nick"at"ficaraudio.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 3609
I see.So you work for Fi right?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8419
I think we can all agree FI did something right with their lastest line. For the money the exposure they got was well deserved/earned. Héll of a sub at a héll of a price. Maybe, just maybe their new marketing strategy is to encourage such comparisons. Bottom line is ppl will be buying one or the other. If it's on stage, it's selling.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
:-)

This one is for the dealers, they have been asking for a dealer line with Fi, but we do not have any sort of dealer network setup with Fi, so now there is one available for them.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 764
Ndmstang65...

You shoulda known by his Name right there... that he was with Fi...

That his name on the Forum...

Also most people who own a company or a business car audio related... always say

Thanks
Name here....

Well Beside Polo ha ha

Thank You Nick for comming on here and doing that... Helpin explain this all out

I'm still gonna buy from Fi... The BTL has way more SPL ability than, the havoc and so on..

So right there, Fi didn't lose a customer

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4798
blah, blah, blah..........

i want a release date or prices dammit

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2250
i have a feling that the new arsenal will take 1000rms. scott just put the listed rms at what he feels comfortable with, as apposed to the old arsenal could of had a higher rms rating but was not in the comfort zone. idk thats what i go from it. i like the way the avoc look. even though it is similar to the w7. but the 05 style xxx looked almost the same way too. imo

Gold Member

Post Number: 1941
i hate this...how in the phuck is it even remotely close to the dub7 ? its not !!! it has an inverted oversized dustcap and the small logo thats it. to me it looks like an RE SX

Gold Member

Post Number: 1942
btw not just saying that to hunter, but to all...i have been hearing it all day and i figured i would let that out

Gold Member

Post Number: 3610
"Ndmstang65...

You shoulda known by his Name right there... that he was with Fi...

That his name on the Forum...

Also most people who own a company or a business car audio related... always say

Thanks
Name here....

Well Beside Polo ha ha

Thank You Nick for comming on here and doing that... Helpin explain this all out

I'm still gonna buy from Fi... The BTL has way more SPL ability than, the havoc and so on..

So right there, Fi didn't lose a customer"

Once again you prove to be a complete dumb@ss.I'm not a member of the Fi forum and I don't visit over there so his name does me no good.You also won't buy anything so quit acting like you're going to.You've been saying that you were going to get BTLs for like what?6 months now?Well at least you have a Fi shirt right?Represent you fugging poser.So there,shut the f uck up once again.Nick despite my d1ckhead post,thanks for the info man,it's appreciated.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4799
hahahaha^^^.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3611
"Since i can't say nothing without being critisized.... and i mean nothing, i'm just gonna leave, until i get my system and i'm Certified....

It just gets annoying, some people can be immature, i try to just bite my tongue about it.....

SO PEACE....

For those of you who aren't immature, and always looking to diss me in anyway..Dakangofkrunk16 aim get at me"

Please,be a man of your word.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2251
joe....i guess thats all im sayin too. oversized dust cap. i know the rest of the sub looks nothin like it. just the face of the sub. let out your anger lol.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 885
damn the Havoc looks like the W7. I wonder if they can out perform my 05 XXX. Can't wait for them to come out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
No problem Rob, glad i could help.

Thanks
-Nick

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
You no what Rob.. You don't like me for some reason, i don't really care.. I did leave, i don't post stupid crap, what i said there made sense, and that post wasn't directed towards you...

There are people on here that also go there, Who the Dumd@$$ now...

My system isn't the most important thing in the world.. Helping my mom out with bills and paying mortgage is..

And if that means you don't shut up about that, well then so be it....

You Try to pwn ova the internet... That is right the internet, why... I don't understand.. Tryin to pwn someone is like arguing over the internet..

And i know why you go after me... There is just so much to critisaze about me... But you know what...

I AGREE...

I mess up at typing
I'm annoying
I'm Jewish
I tend to think i know all
I used to start sht
I don't have a system, as of now
Most of this Forum doesn't think to Faund of me(prolly spelt that wrong)
I disrespected Chad.. Thats when all the hate started to come...
Sometimes i make no sense

Really you cant make fun of me any more... Cause i agree to what u say, that is who i am get ova it...I learnd by my mistakes

I know your not just gonna read this and be like ok... Your gonna quote me, and diss and critisize me alot.. Well Do what makes u feel like a man

Gold Member

Post Number: 3612
"Really you cant make fun of me any more..."

Of course I can make fun of you.You know why Dru?Because you make it so f ucking easy.I don't care if you're Jewish,my boss is Jewish as well and I don't hate him,he's actually cool.Stop pointing out that you're Jewish because we're not playing the race card here buddy.I don't like you because you're a complete moron and say the most stupid things out of everyone here on Ecoustics.As far as doing what makes me feel like a man...Ecoustics won't help me with that,I guess Ecoustics makes you feel like a man but it doesn't work for me Dru.

Now STFU DRU and let's get back on topic!I vote for gold plated baskets on the Havocs :-)

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2253
i like the way the black baskets look. like the hdc3. gold plated would ebe cool i suppose. with a platinum upgrade? lol the hizzavoc?

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 361
Glad I don't have to repeat myself. Nick did it just fine.

People need to relax and not be so worried about internet hype. It takes a long time to rebuild/redesign 3 speaker lines. Scott/Nick/Shawn will make sure things are built well and have excellent performance before they go out on the market. The Fi line up is great proof of that.

Bronze Member
Username: Bumpin_buick

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 23
Interfire/JL/AA Is there really a difference?
http://cgi.ebay.com/INTERFIRE-2000-WATT-SUB-SUBWOOFER-15-INCH-SPL-PRO-V15_W0QQit emZ330145223083QQihZ014QQcategoryZ18804QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 513
I like the black. Also, if I were in the market for a sub, I'd want to be paying for how the speaker perfoms, and not how it looks. I see people with chrome baskets and such, that's great, take it to a car show or something. Does it effect the way it sounds or how loud it gets? Nope. When I'm looking for speakers, I'm paying so they do their purpose. If you want something flashy to show off, go buy an Audiobahn. (Although most of us don't even like the looks of Audiobahn...)

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1902
i cant believe how many people are crying because the new AA line isnt everything they ever dreamed of...

AA is not trying to compete with anyone. each speaker is better than before regardless of RMS ratings (QUIT JUDGING EVERY SUBWOOFER BY ITS RMS).

i think RMS ratings are the #1 most confusing things in the car audio world, and i dont know why...

/my rant

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1057
nice find mtt kitzis. thats the same fvucking sub. im so angry right now. i was about to write a check for a havoc until i saw the pictures and specs.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2254
hopefully you realize we were kidding bout the gold and platinum. but not the black

Bronze Member
Username: Bumpin_buick

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 25
Im sure its still gonna be a good sub, but there was just to much hype for something that the company never really promised, they said they would continue to make good affordable subs and that is what appears to be getting done, I think everyone expected them to take it a step up in power and that just is not AAs plan

Silver Member

Post Number: 514
"each speaker is better than before regardless of RMS ratings"

That's yet to be determined.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1903
" "each speaker is better than before regardless of RMS ratings"

That's yet to be determined. "

im sure its been determined by the experts who made it all happen...

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
" "each speaker is better than before regardless of RMS ratings"

That's yet to be determined. "

im sure its been determined by the experts who made it all happen..."

Maybe to an extent. If every sub has more SQ, SPL, better durability and all other aspects I will be very impressed. What I'm saying is for instance they may have decreased some SPL and added more SQ to a line and such..

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2318
There are still a couple more surprises to come. When... I don't know.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2255
the w7 and the havoc are completely different subs and that one thats posted on ebay. even though they have similar dust caps, the motor structure technology is completely different. you say you buy subs on performance but then bring up tha because these subs look similar they sound the same. im sure these subs have been tested rigorously and if they say they are better then they are better regardless of rms ratings. this is a company based on performance and results. they wouldnt lie about it. it makes no sense for them too.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4802
"nice find mtt kitzis. thats the same fvucking sub. im so angry right now. i was about to write a check for a havoc until i saw the pictures and specs."

jk, that is the dumbest thing ever. how can those be the same fuc_king sub? what do they have in common? what, the cone and logo placement? have you heard all three in equal installs side by side? are the specs the exact same? and why must you keep crying about the "specs"? where do you see the specs posted in this thread? or the threads on the ssa forum? or the ca.com thread on the new aa lineup? nowhere that i've seen. why, cause they haven't released them yet so stop bitc_hing about them. if you don't like them fine, don't buy them, i'm sure aa wont care if you don't buy them. doubt it'll really hurt them much. just stop crying about how thier a dissapointment because of the specs, cause they haven't even been released and everytime you say that it just makes you look really stupid.

and matt kitzis, yes, the jl/interfire/aa subs are completely different. cause they look the same means absolutely nothing.

and i'm with brad, aa still has a few other things left to do from what i have heard:-)

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 363
Holy crap that sub's cone looks the same, it must be the same motor, the same suspension, the same gap, the same coil, the same top plate, the same t-yoke, the same basket, the same leads, the same surround, the same moving mass, .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3613
"Holy crap that sub's cone looks the same, it must be the same motor, the same suspension, the same gap, the same coil, the same top plate, the same t-yoke, the same basket, the same leads, the same surround, the same moving mass, ....."

Well now that you said it Denim I'm starting to believe it. :-) We were definately kidding about the gold baskets lol,I could give a sh1t less what a sub looks like period.Should have saved the money wasted putting a logo on it and putting more performance in.The extra 50 cents it costs to put it on there could have helped out in other areas :-)So will AA be the Sony Xplod(e) killers?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2259
nothing is beter then xplode. except xplodes with gold basket lol. you what would be kinda cool? i that visitor or guy or anyone could put a 4hp motor on a xplode assembly lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1904
"If every sub has more SQ, SPL, better durability and all other aspects I will be very impressed."

well, not only do i see that ever happening, i never said it would...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3614
"AA is going into stores and shops for a much broader customer base. The average person out there walking into an audio shop is not going to know or understand the inner workings of a speaker or know what T/S parameters are and how they effect the performance of the speaker."

So I'll be able to pick these up at Besty Buy and my local Circuit City right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
"Maybe to an extent. If every sub has more SQ, SPL, better durability and all other aspects I will be very impressed. What I'm saying is for instance they may have decreased some SPL and added more SQ to a line and such.."

Everything that you just said is 100% dependent on the install and the scenario in which the woofer(s) are put into.

We wouldn't have wasted our time re-designing everything if we did not feel that the line is a better product than it was in the past. If we wanted it to be 'just as good' as it was in the past, wouldn't we have built the exact same thing that it was? It would have been much easier, and much cheaper ;).

For the record/fyi, i'm not saying this again. The RMS ratings that we have given the woofers are what we feel is 'safe'. If you find that you can put more power to them safely then by all means do it. We don't like returns so we rate ALL of our products conservatively. There is nothing similar to the W7, There is nothing similar to the other woofer either.

3 totally different subs, 3 totally different ballparks.

Thanks
-Nick

Silver Member

Post Number: 767
Kinda like the Fi Btl's.. You rate them at 2000rms... but people give them much more, and they seem to shine on 2500rms, the fully loaded ones

Gold Member

Post Number: 3615
"You rate them at 2000rms... but people give them much more, and they seem to shine on 2500rms, the fully loaded ones"

Too bad you can't speak for yourself on that isn't it?Have you ever even heard a BTL Dru?Just wondering...

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1065
have u ever seen a btl dru?

Silver Member

Post Number: 768
I'm sure AA's new line will be just fine... People just gettin mad cause of the long wait that was endured.. And they see the lower RMS as not an improvement, but i kinda understand what your saying... Well we wont know will they are officially out...

I wanna know the Prices

Gold Member

Post Number: 1905
Rob, your probably the most negative person on here.

your probably in the top 10 most negative people on the net, as well.

its cool though... :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 67
I couldn't agree more with Nick regarding power ratings on subs. Any good sub designer worth his salt does not inflate power ratings. Sub power ratings should be based on the knowledge and skills of the AVERAGE enduser under the worst of conditions.

An inferior product can handle huge power for a limited time under specific conditions in the hands of a highly skilled person. This does not mean the average enduser can do the same.

Inflated power ratings are deceptive at best and are in most cases outright lies when applied to the average consumer. The most asked question I get is "how much power can I burp it with and how much for daily driving". My answer in most cases is the rated power which means you have to be doing dumb things to destroy the sub at its rated power. I also know in the hands of a skilled enduser the sub can handle much more power but those endusers are the exception not the average consumer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1906
sometimes you can tell just by looking if something is gonna suck or not.

the pics that scott put up of the 8" assassin looked impressive. just a stout little 8" woofer with a low RMS rating. i bet 4 of them with a 1000 or even 2000 watt amp would be nice.

ive had way loud setups with 1000 RMS subs only giving them 250 watts.

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 68
A well designed sub does not need its rated power to perform well...it just does better when you give it more power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 516
"Everything that you just said is 100% dependent on the install and the scenario in which the woofer(s) are put into.

We wouldn't have wasted our time re-designing everything if we did not feel that the line is a better product than it was in the past. If we wanted it to be 'just as good' as it was in the past, wouldn't we have built the exact same thing that it was? It would have been much easier, and much cheaper ;). "

Well all subs are dependent on the install and scenario..
I understand you built new subs and do believe you that they are better, but in what ways would you say make them better than there older lines?

Silver Member

Post Number: 769
Well... We won't really know if it is good or bad. Til they actually come out, and we actually hear it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3617
"Rob, your probably the most negative person on here.

your probably in the top 10 most negative people on the net, as well.

its cool though... :-)"

It depends on what we're talking about lol.I am a pessimist so I guess it makes sense for you to say that about me but there are certain things that I have a positive outlook on so...oh and thanks for noticing me Tremor,I feel special.I'm usually negative when I hear people spitting bullsh1t but if you're honest and cool about things then I'm cool with you and that's all there is to it but when you say a bunch of BS and run your mouth too damn much that's when I dislike people.

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 521
sorry just hoped in but... yeah im dissapointed. dunno just doesn't seem to impressive. i know they're sq and all but i still expected higher or at least matched RMS power. i know its not all about rms but still...

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1431
haha. he was positive about you saying he's negative...

I don't care what they look like or what everyone is saying about the NOW, I am going to get a 12" arsenal for my truck aaround November. I just wanna give it a try.

Why would a company take a great product and f(_)ck it up? Especially after they get a guy like Scott to join.... I don't think they would. There would be no reason to ruin a great name and great product. Everyone can speculate, and you're welcome to your OPINIONS, but it's a little early to be saying what they WILL and WONT be...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
If i rated it at 1 million watts, you bought it because you wanted to strap your two 500,000 watt amps to it...would you buy it then? Even if it is the same exact coil, that thermally won't take more then say for example 1,200 watts?

Ratings are ratings, it is what we suggest. If you feel that you can put more to it then by all means do so. We rate the products in such a way that we feel that they cannot possibly fail given ANY scenario (bad box, crappy install, sub par power from the amplifiers)

If you really want the 1 million watt rating i'm sure there are other companies out there that will jump on that for you, however don't be disappointed when you get to 1,200 watts and it flies apart like a two dollar watch.

:-)

Thanks
-Nick

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 566
Why is everyone b!tchin? we have nothing but pics. no specs, no testing, so just stfu and hows about we wait till they come out and see.

Im still very intested. AA has alwawys had great stuff, fi has always had great stuff. Great service as well.

AA will still sell very, very well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1908
Rob, i dont really dislike anyone on here. i dont really dislike anyone on the internet. i dont know none of you... :-)

i can however get wound up by certain people and i should be way more grown up than that to get angry over the internet (considering ive been gettin down on the internet since the internet pretty much existed and im used to all the totally negative shit)

almost every thread i open i could find something to complain about but why? someone is just gonna do it for me in 3 seconds anyways...

back on the AA subject. what would be the more musical subwoofer out of the bunch? dont care about output at all.

Silver Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 523
prolly the arsenal. i love mine.... for a 15" it preforms extremely well

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 41
It's great AA is back, more subs for us! The 6.5 too?

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 208
I really must give a hearty thank you to everyone here for an amusing break in my emails. Made me smile :-)

It is going to be very amusing in the next few weeks to hear how I ruined AA...lol. I had my hands in a good portion of the previous drivers and now all the new ones. And I must say up front on this post (as I have on others along the way) that the new AA lineup is geared towards the needs of dealers, not the general DIY/internet market. I have kept a net outlet for those that have made AA what it is, but its more of a nod/thanks to those people than an actual marketing strategy. To be blunt, the net sales will be dwarfed within the first couple of months by dealer sales. And it will only grow from there. The new drivers are upgraded in the areas I felt they needed to be to perform in the direction dealers would want. So in the case of the Havoc, it means a little more linearity and SQ in place of brute force. Now if that is disheartening to some, sorry... I have talked to dozens of dealers in the past few months and found what they liked/wanted in a line and pushed to that. It was somewhat surprising to rarely hear "more chrome and flash" which at the same time seems right inline with my initial goals. No, none of the drivers are groundbreaking, or defy physics... they simply get to the point and seem to have hit the mark for those initially interested.

As for 6.5s, we will have them, and they will be a SSA only item. Dealers could care less about an individual mid and we simply will not offer them to dealers. Comps, coaxes, and other items will be.

Back in a couple hours for another break :-)

Thanks,
Scott

Silver Member

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 524
prices.....?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4840
damn some of the people on this forum are just stupid, and dont seem to know much about subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 3620
But I don't like SSA! :-(

/Cries
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us