Really need you guys on this one!!

Silver Member
Username: Kicker101

Alberta

Post Number: 136
You guys have been really helpful getting me this far but, i need one more pice of advice...
I need to know what amp to get... now there are a couple of things it needs to have..I have (2) 12" Kicker L7's (4 Ohm). Also it needs to be off of Ebay.CA...any suggestions..( i would really perfer to buy off ebay) thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3113
how much power you looking for and how much you got to spend?

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 765
put about 1kwrms on themso find a good amp that does 2k at 1 ohm

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 138
well maybe about $400 i know its not alot but i might get me sumthin of ebay...also they are 750 rms each at 4 ohm..so i need help on that one im not quite sure..

Gold Member

BME

Post Number: 3114
you can find a good 1500rms amp for under $400.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 769
massive p1500.1 from kevin holden from low-hz he will hook u up

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 139
so 1 ohm mono chanel (2000 watts rms)?

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 140
kevin holden? is his stuff new?

Gold Member

BME

Post Number: 3115
get a sundown saz1500 or a ia20 =).

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1898
get a 1500 watt kicker amp from ebay to match the subs, duh... :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1899
i would actually go with a 1000 watt amp though, but ive been through 4 L7s, also...

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 141
did they blow? and also i really just need to know what i need for an amp....Mono chanel?? would that work for the(2) 4 ohm subs? i still dont know.. (sorry for the rookie questions)

Gold Member

BME

Post Number: 3117
yeah you need a mono channel amplifier that is stable at 1ohm. If you bought dual 2's you could of got a kicker zx1500.1 amp which is stable at 2ohms. But I heard that the kicker kx1200.1 is stable at 1ohm so check into that. You can probaly find that amp for a good price on ebay.

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 142
k cool, so mono stable at 1 ohm.., also what about Hifonics amps?? any good?

and should i go for a 15oo watt amp rms... anyone runin more power to thier 12" L7's?

Gold Member

BME

Post Number: 3118
a good stable 1500rms amp should be fine. Also it should be okay for your electrical. If you have $400, spend it on a good quality amplifier.

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 143
so no hifonics? i hear mixed reviews

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 285
hifonics is straight for what you need and for thoes subs. just make sure its 1 ohm stable i forget if hifonics is or not and then wire all of the wires/coils in parallel for a 1 ohm load. but that sh*t is gonna bump rid man!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1900
hifonics amps will work just fine. kicker will be better quality but whatever...

and yes, my L7s blew. i beat on them alot but never overpowered them or "abused" them. two of them burned up while the other two had suspension issues. again, part of it could have been me but my BLs still look brand new after months and months of absolute murdering...

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 287
square subs just dont preform like round ones. they distort more the surrounds can wear in the corners, and they can blow for no apparent reason apparently haha. the only advantage of square is more cone area. because i do abuse my kappa perfects and they can handle all of the watts i can squeeze out of my PG 15.0.1

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2463
I'd get a hifonics bx1500d... i'd say it will put out more than the kicker 1200.1 but less than 1500... plus it's cheap... and i can sell you one cheaper ;)

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 145
stupid question what if i get something a little more power full like a BXi1606D or a BXi2607d ?

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 146
will thid be fine? http://cgi.ebay.ca/Hifonics-Brutus-BXi1606D-Class-D-Amplifier-Mono-Sub-Amp_W0QQi temZ280131091239QQihZ018QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4794
that'll work fine. you'll see about 1400wrms from that amp since hifonics is known for overrating thier amps.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1650
That amp will be fine. It will only put out about 1500 watts rms at 1 ohm anyway.

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 147
k thanks.. but what if i go with one of thier 2600 watts rms amps. do u htink that to much for my l7's to handle daily? that amp will only putout about 2200 watts rms anyway right?

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1653
I think that the 2200 watts will probably be too much and you will end up frying them.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1058
Yes, my amps are new with warranty. I will also claim shipment as a gift so no customs for you. Massive Audio P1500.1 would be nice. Shoot m an email.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5982
^^^^ buy stuff form him hes a good guy awesome products fast shipping u will not be dissapointed :-) and i migth try to shoot him an email regarding a 3000d sundown amp

so kevin u better watch out you might have an email from me :-)

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 149
how many watts is that 3000d? also how much for it and payment methods?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us