Check out my box fools (pics)

Bronze Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 48
Ok i promised pics of my box, not like most of you care but heres to anyone who wanted to see the box i built. I didnt have any silicone caulk so i didn't get to finish it last night but my amp gets in tomorrow so hopefully the box will be done and ready to go when the amp gets here.

As i was sanding this beast down there were some sweet spots that really made the box start resonating to the sound of the sander and it was glorious.

5 cu ft box tuned to 35hz

half done sittin in the back of my ride
Upload

Upload

from the top
Upload

with the lid on top but not attached
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14184
box looks sick.

i see you are not an expert with the jigsaw. awesome nonetheless.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1909
jigsaw > you

lol

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 2279
hahahahaha nice straighthand on ya

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
yeah that was cut out with a sawzall, and that blade wasnt easy to turn. i couldnt find my jigsaw so thats what happens when your lazy

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5467
good looking box big harv....sub cut outs didnt come out too circular but good sh1t nonetheless

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
FYI: The subs fit in the holes snug and it was my first box

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1910
other than the cut-outs the box looks really good

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1926
might be the angle of the pic but the L shaped ports look very close to the back wall otherwise great box

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1897
holy crap!

sawzall FTMFW!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11797
looks good but those circles =

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 973
LOL LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHA i havent laughed this hard ever and i mean ever fix up them wholes Harv but besides that craftsmanship looks good

Bronze Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 55
Looks good for a sawzall cut, everything else looks much nicer. Just have to ask- you are putting more screws in than the 4 per panel I see right?

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 155
I hope you can get you subs to actually seal in them holes! It might be worth your while to cut another face plate board and use a router to cut the hole! Take a strip of 1"x 12" metal and make a circle cutter.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4796
yeah, like others said, nice looking box, except the sub cutouts. almost looks like a perfect fit for a pair of those goofy looking sony subs though. hope that's not what you running:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
lol jesus i know the circles arent perfect i dont need you all to tell me that. I cut the first one out and used it as a template to cut the second one. the subs do seal completely and thanks for the advice but I dont have a router I had to make do with what I had.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 412
he did say the subs fit good up there in his post..... But good looking box harv.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8416
Good job for the effort, and like stated there are relatively easy wasys of cutting perfect circles. Personally I don't mind the large compass and jigsaw method. I have one that extends out to 24" or so. $10 at the Depot.

Upload

If you make a living building boxes or are just tired of freehanding it a router jig works well and can be made easily as well as Mesodumm suggested.

Upload

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3607
Next time you cut with a sawzall cut on the inside of the line and use a wood file to fine tune it to perfection.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2641
Nice work.

I fixed the holes for ya.
"E Wood filler"

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8432

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11805
hey a basic black & decker or craftsman jigsaw is only about $30

http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&node=228013&field-brandtextbin=Black%20%26%20Decker

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Portable+Power+Tools&pid=009172340 00&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Sabre+Saws&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
i have a jigsaw i just couldnt find it when i wanted to cut the holes... jesus does anyone here even listen or do they just post whore bullshyt to get 99999 posts.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s, 300 watt Jense..., 133.3db@49hz!!

Post Number: 358
ninja master says "Patience is a virtue, young one"

in plain english, take the time, find the jigsaw, and cut the holes right next time. but all in all, nice box

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 156
Hey Big Harv your box is looking good espeacialy after you route the corners then it will look killer but please Man!!! Please!! just cut new front boards! Your sub has to seal perfectly if not you will have blow by which sounds like crap and wood putty will not do it, you need to understand how much pressure a sub can create. Here is a listing for a router it is a really good deal it looks like it has the guide for circle with it but I couldnt tell for sure, then you just need 2 bits a 1/4 straight and a round over and your set!! Or there is always Garage sales I have found many tools for way cheap. log on to your local paper and look for garage sales with tools! I found jigsaw, router, router bits, and nailer once for really good deal, so you can find really good deals!! Make us Proud!! redo those front boards!! You will feels better about your box for doing it!!!http://cgi.ebay.com/2HP-1-2-or-1-4-ELECTRIC-PLUNGE-ROUTER-UL-listed-1600W_W0QQitemZ180136537815QQihZ008QQcategoryZ20781QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
you can see by the circles I put in the box why we are concerned I have never seen a sub shaped like your holes, We are all just trying to help so don't get mad!! I don't want to see this go into a fry like pool boy got! I don't know what his name is now, I think he changed it! a couple of times! okay!! and defenently more screws 1 per 5" no less, I do 1 per 3" but thats me! With lots of glue! wipe off extra! Your doing good Big Harv keep it going! Thanks

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Upload

Upload

im gonna have to say my box looks pretty good compared to my sketchup model. so f@ck all you haters.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 127
i think the circles give it character

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1383
its not called hating...its called constructive criticism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_criticism

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
jesse D. It is called hating when people are laughing at it saying the same things over when its already been said. Please back up off my thread noob.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1384
As soon as you fix them cutouts....noob.

HAHAHAHAHA

^^^"hating"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us