Memphis 6.5 inch speakers, they any good?

Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 4
i just ordered some memphis 6.5inch power reference speakers and was wondering if they were any good if i was trying to get more voice

currently i have 1 12inch mojo and i cant hear voice on some songs until like 30 volume on my kenwood 5032 my buddy who set me up with the system said they were really good but would just powering them off the head unit be enough? also should i disconnect the rear speakers once i install the memphis's

let me know what you guys think

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4821
they should sound pretty good, i would put an amp on them though to really put them to use.

Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 6
do i really need to run a distribution block or can i run all the powers off the cap?

my friend said it would work as long as i kept all the grounds seperate is that true?

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 25
As long as the wire from the battery is big enough for all the stuff you hook to it, should be good. If you have a sub amp you will likely need an amp on your front speakers to keep up. Some run rears and some don't, up to you, some run rear off deck and front on amp. However you do it you should hear the front most when driving. Amp you try to ground close to them, to the body. Body of car is real thick wire you don't have to buy. Make sure the ground to body from battery is good and big enough also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us