Kinetik HC1800

Bronze Member
Username: Janitor

Post Number: 43
My amp is ordered, my BL is running off of my component amp, and my HO alt is on its way. Now for a battery. But first, what is the use of upgrading the battery? Do I really need to spend 200$ on a battery for my system? (15" BL, zx1500.1, 400watt cheap sony amp + kenwood speeks) the alt i ordered is from MotorCityReman.Com and idle 75, max 150. done the big 3. I was planning on getting a Kinetik HC1800 (biggest that will fit in my car) but my friend questioned why I needed it and i realy didn't know how to respond.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3583
Thomas cancel the order on that alternator.It's way too weak.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1452
NOOOO point in buying a HO alty thats only 150 ammps

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 956
Actually with all of that running plus the A/C, Lights, wipers, ect. It could be over 200 amps easily. He might as well get a h/o alt. I would go for a 200 amp alt at the least 250 would be good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3584
"NOOOO point in buying a HO alty thats only 150 ammps"

That's not the problem.The reason I don't recommend that alternator is because it has a very low idle amperage and would NOT support all that current draw.

Bronze Member
Username: Janitor

Post Number: 45
well the alternator is already shipped, so i can't really cancel the order. but it will be better than stock. and I'll just use it for now and get a bigger one later... kinda running outta money here :-(

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1459
That's not the problem.The reason I don't recommend that alternator is because it has a very low idle amperage and would NOT support all that current draw.

then dont crank it at idle. idle amperage isnt a big factor to me. if you wanna show it off, put r in park and rev'r up

Gold Member

Post Number: 3585
"then dont crank it at idle. idle amperage isnt a big factor to me. if you wanna show it off, put r in park and rev'r up"

Lol.Have fun at red lights and stopping at stop signs.You're going to clip the sh1t out of your system.Parking and reving it up is just silly.I like cruisin and bumpin.I'd love to pull up next to you at a stop light because I'd be bumpin and you wouldn't be :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3586
"idle amperage isnt a big factor to me."

Oh and idle amperage is the most important thing in your charging system,you've got a lot to learn kiddo.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4830
you will need to have a bigger battery reserve though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us