OT iPhone

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5432
anyone have any personal use with one? or is anyone knowledgeable enough about it to be able to tell me the pros and cons of it. its time for me to get a new cell and ive been talking with my dad about getting an iPhone and he says he'll get me one if i want it. i just wanna make sure that if hes gonna buy me a $500-$600 phone, its gonna be nice. ive read some reviews on it and it seems to be pretty good. the web browser seems to be lagging from what ive heard and read.

any input?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1096
i would NEVER spend that much on a phone maybe 100 dollars tops for me but if u can get it basically free then i say go for it.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5435
thats a fair arguement twiztid....but if i get the iPhone then my dad can have my basicallly brand new video iPod. he does a lot of traveling on planes so it would come in handy for him....thats his incentive for buying me the iPhone

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3884
i personally wouldnt get it.
its basically like any other phone, just internet is the difference.
get something like a krazr or something like that so you can have music and a phone and your dad can have your ipod

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1454
i say, if its free. then snatch it up

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5439
brad, im surprised you dont know anything about it. you seem to know alot about everything.....or do you just not wanna tell me

btw, its not free

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2292
Ehhh I don't know nothin bout nothin Upload I had to check to see if I posted here because all of a sudden my name came up lol.

Well... I generally don't recommend buying a first generation anything because they usually have some small issues and bugs that are worked out in later revisions and models, but because this is an Apple product I wouldn't be so worried. Steve Jobs is known for not rushing things to market and he puts alot of time and effort into getting everything worked out before they start to actually ship. From what I have seen on TV it is a really cool little device and I would trade a video iPod for one if it were me. Apple makes very high quality stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2452
my friends 14 year old sister got one... it works very nicely... alot better than i thought.. it's a little hard to understand some part of it, but overall it's an incredible device... the internet is pretty fast and like the commercials say, it isn't watered down at all. the touch keys are a little testy and are kinda of small for me since i have big hands, but overall it's cool as hell and if you don't have an ipod and need a new phone then i would say go for it if you got 660 to spend with taxes and another 60-70+ bucks a month for a good plan for the phone

Gold Member

Post Number: 2453
Dane, since when does a krzr have 80 gigs of memory? A 2 megapixel camera? A lot of PDA capabilities? touchscreen? Tard...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5447
thanks brad and reece.

reece, how fast is the internet? you say its pretty fast but im not expecting it to be light speed or like a computer but is it fast as in it takes less than 30 seconds for a regular website to load?

i think ima wait a month for the buzz to wear down a little and then go get one

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5448
btw dane, i already have a phone that has music on it....just renewal time and i want a badass phone

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4787
don't get one, not worth it. i was actually going to get one till i messed with a friends iphone. best thing about it is the way it looks. definately not worth the money. internet really isn't as fast as you'd expect from it, not the largest mp3 player, etc. i say wait till the next generation comes out and they fix everything and lower the price a bit. not to mention what you have to go through to replace the battery, that right there was the thing that totally turned me off to buying one.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2306
There is no battery issue:

http://www.cell-phone-accessories.com/iphone-battery.html

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4788
"Although its iPhones won't be out of warranty for another year, Apple is attempting to stave off future bad press -- like it received when iPod batteries began exceeding their life span -- by announcing a battery replacement program. iPhone users will be able to pay $79 plus $6.95 shipping for a new battery.

Because the iPhone's battery is not removable like previous iPods, the device must be sent into Apple for repair. The service will take about three business days, Apple says, and users must back up their data beforehand - a simple process via iTunes. While some might characterize the program as expensive, Apple will still replace non-charging batteries free of cost for the first year, and batteries for other cell phones can run up to $50."

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4789
different article on it:

"You probably know by now that the iPhone only lasts about 300-400 charges --and that's most likely full charges, not topping it off from 80% to 100% at night--before you have to send it into Apple for a replacement. Apple's just thrown up a page saying it's going to be $79 with $6.95 shipping, which is $85.95 per phone when you send yours in.

Sending it in also wipes out all your saved data, so you'll have to resync it (but it also wipes out your text messages and email, which you may not be able to resync). Hopefully nobody will have to deal with this for another year or two."

Gold Member

Post Number: 2455
I don't know about the whole battery bit, but i know that it depends on your connection to depend on how fast the internet is. the internet was reasonable pages would load within 30 seconds 97% of the time and if not it probably took 35-45. ctmike. i'm pretty sure you played aroudn with the 4 gb iphone because the 8 gb iphone can hold as much music as you wanna throw at it

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1031
www.iphonesecrets.com or something like that. free 8gb iphones for limited time. no joke
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us