How do you correctly wire up speakers

Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 2
how do you correctly wire up speakers from the factory wiring? also what is the difference between the little terminal on the speaker and the big terminal? and how do you know which wire goes to which terminal? right now i can barely hear my front speakers and i think its because i have them wired wrong can someone help me

also the car is a 1997 dodge neon, any help would be much appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 296
big terminal on the speaker is the positive the little is the negitive on factory wiring. negitive is always a dark color why positive is a little or alot brighter.

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 3
are jensen 6.5 inch speakers any good?

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
to be honest no thier pretty low quality.

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 5
ohwell i got them for free, also i was thinking of hooking up a jensen 300.2 amp to them in hopes of that increasing there voice output until they eventually blow

and since im hooking up an amp to the front door speakers that means i need to run the rca's to the amp for the door speaker from the front outputs on my deck right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
yepp

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 9
i tried to wire up the door speakers tonight but to no luck it was impossible to pass the speaker wire thru thatblack loom that seals the the car and the door

is it better to just tap into the existing wire?

or is it better to run speaker wire?

Username: Tblazer74

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 10
It's better to gut everything out and get a new HU and some new speaker wiring that is like $1 per foot at the very most. You're not running anything high power with the Jensens, so you dont need an amp, and if you get a decently inexpensive HU that puts out 18-22 wrms, you can push those Jensens just about as far as they can go.

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 10
what i did was i eliminated the jensens in the doors replaced them with memphis power reference speakers and i put 2 dual 6x9 speakers where the rear stock speaks went and to jensen 6x8s in the trunk just chilling behind the sub box(which is bolted down now and doesnt move all over the place) i have the 6x9's and 6x8's hooked up to a small amp and i got hella voice now just cant hear much from the memphis speakers its probably because of the way the door is designed where the speaker mounts its cover with a kind of thick cloth i'll post pics of it but now i can hear the music thru the bass so im good

im thinking of takin the memphis speakers out of the door and chillin them in the trunk where the 6x8's are right now and just hooking up my hu to the dash speakers i plan on getting some 3.5 inch memphis speakers for the dash and the hu alone should push those properly seeing as thats all it will be connected to

what do you guys think ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us