Clifford 650 MkII Intellistart problem on R34 Skyline

Username: Glyn81

Post Number: 1
Hi all. First post so please be kind I am in the UK if that is relevant to my question.

I have just had a Clifford G5 650 MkII with G5 Intellistart 4 installed into my 1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GTT (manual transmission).

The alarm works fine but the installer had some problems with the Intellistart. It only occasionally manages to start the engine, usually on the 2nd or 3rd crank. Sometimes not at all.

He will be looking at the car again next week, but I was keen to try and find out the problem myself over the weekend.

After some internet research I understand the problem is probably due to the tach / RPM setting being set too LOW so the engine is not cranked for long enough and gives up before the engine has turned over. To program the 'Mandatory RPM Programming' I need to be in the Installer Programmable features section of the alarm. Is my diagnosis at all accurate?

So... how can I access this installer programmable features section??

The Directechs.com does not list the 650 MkII so I cannot download the installation guide as seems possible for earlier alarm systems.

Ideally I would like to download the installer guide but as the Alarm only came on the market in April 2007 it looks like it's not online just yet (anyone know different?)

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks,

Glyn
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us