Hooking up my sub

Username: Evo_murf11

Post Number: 1
hi, i just got a new sony xlpod amp and a box with the outputs on the outside. my question is hooking up, correctly. is an amp mandatory or can i just hook up the sub directly to my stereo system? if so, how exactly?
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5892
noooo dude with subs yes amp is mandatory

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 529
xplod amp or headunit....hmm close decision...

Post Number: 2
okay so im looking at a Sony XM-2002GTR 2 channel amp. 200 w RMS x2. heres a link

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-vItUDbhi1QN/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=158XM2002

good enough for the system and sub?

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s, 300 watt Jense..., 133.3db@49hz!!

Post Number: 323
first and most important thing you can do...return the Sony sub, and do not get anything else made by Sony...Sony is total garbage as far as car audio is concerned... post a budget, and let us know what type system you are wanting and we can probably help.
by type of system, I mean
SPL>Loud, but of lower quality of sound
SQ>Not as loud, but better quality
SQL> a combination of both loudness and quality.

Post Number: 3
haha too late man. i just got it. im only 17 and i just want my car to sound nice. i have a sony system already so yea. mr king rob i looked at your myspace and your explorer is tight as hell. i have a 2000 explorer myself.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s, 300 watt Jense..., 133.3db@49hz!!

Post Number: 326
honestly, if you want your car to sound "nice", then you don't want Sony. Sony subs are known for doing what their name implies....exploding, and their amps are known for overheating. The ONLY way Sony can even work half decently is if both the subs and amp are Sony. YEah, sony subs say 1200 watts,but thats MAX wich means nothing. Try putting a full 1200 watts rms to them, and boom...blown subs. Since you already have Sony, guess there's not much you can do, but if you ever decide to go with a good system remember
1>Sony is terrible
2>Go with RMS wattage, not MAX.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us