Rob, brad warren, and mike louden.....

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14128
i sealed the box again today. i know i know, you are probably saying again. lol. but let me explain what happened.

after i got the box built for my rl-s, i started listening to it ported. it was pretty loud but not as loud as i expected. i thought it was the amp so i changed it to a jl 1000/1 and it got a bit better.

i then sealed the box. when i sealed it, you could barely hear the bass on alot of songs. i had to enable the loud function on my head unit to hear bass. i thought maybe its cause its a sq sub and i was just used to subs being fukkking loud.

so i went back to ported. i even cut the port shorter so its tuned higher. i figured it would give me more output. which it did.

yesterday morning, i changed the sub rca cable to the stinger one i bought recently. right after i changed the cable i noticed a big difference in output. the sub was over powering the front component set. i had to turn the gain down on the jl amp and change a few settings on my component amp to blend the music better.

when i got home like 30 minutes ago, i decided to take the port out and seal it again. then i tuned everything again and now it hits hard. not only does it hit hard, this sub has a flat frequency response like i've never heard. its perfect. not one note is louder than the other. i just came in after playing with various music and it is just insane. now its perfect. its even gonna be better once i put around 500wrms more on it by getting the mmats 3500.1. lol. i am so happy right now. :-O

btw i checked the rca cable i replaced last night and it was bad. only half the cable was connected at the end and half were ripped off. i don't know if you can understand what i am saying but it wasn't a clean connection.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3558
Maybe if I change my RCAs I'll gain like 20 DB?!

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14130
fukkkk of rob. you'll only gain 10db.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1351
haha chad .. make sure ur connections are proper there buddy ... haha u know this buddy

glad ur happy with it .. once its all done properly ... u always notice the littlest changes.. i changed a D Block for stinger to tsunami and noticed more power output from a previous 4 channel ... sound is weird i guess lol

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11786
a"""by getting the mmats 3500.1"""

i told u in another thread that amp isnt built as well as the old skool mmats amp - go look @ its board online ......

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14135
rovin i have seen it perform. also if anything happens i get full warranty.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3093
nice chad, I gotta hear it again. Anyways, come by Friday to my work and I'll give you the cash for the amp. Also, hit me up online tomarrow. Also one more thing, my phone contract is out so you can't call me ;). Gotta go get another phone provider or something :\

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14138
you mean saturday right berny? i guess i can drop off the amp after work tonight. pm me your work address and i bring the amp by tonight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3561
Is that a date?

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14139
smart azz. lol

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 869
I'm with rob it does sound like a date ha ha. Chad are you getting the mmats 3500.1 from Chad????

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14141
yeah i am buying the amp from chad. its the one they have on display under the glass case.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3564
"yeah i am buying the amp from chad. its the one they have on display under the glass case."

It's the only amp they have worthy of being in a glass case :-)

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3096
Nah, come tomarrow Chad. I meant saturday. Today I gotta goto school and all that other crap. If your stopping by Chad Gearys Saturday then dropping it off saturday is fine.

I'll PM you the addy later tonight.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2240
Not sure what to say other than I told ya so Chad.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5576
im glad you found a subwoofer you like alot chad....I cant wait to tinker with my image dynamics 12 idq not the idmax im gonna run it on the phoenix gold xenon 400.1

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14147
lol yeah brad.

sean i like driving in traffic now. lets me enjoy my system more. lol. that idmax is gonna sound awesome. once you go sq you'll never go back.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2254
The rl-s is a beast sealed. I was starting to wonder if that Kicker was not liking the 3ohm load bridged or something like that. Glad to hear you got it worked out. Splinter FTMFW.

And now that those cockmonkeys at TC decided to raise their (already high) prices by a ridiculous percentage, SS is the only way to go. I just hope that TC doesn't jack up the raw parts prices to SS or we could be seeing $700+ rl-s's pretty soon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3571
^Brad if they do that we'll just go and kill them.We'll do it by a form of sod0my with that subwoofer d ildo machine that someone posted on here...which one of you sick f ucks posted that link?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2255
Don't encourage me Rob, the factory is 4 miles from my door. I posted in another thread a couple months ago that I stopped by there and asked them if I could buy a sub and take it home. They were dicks and said no, "mail orders only" and mentioned their free shipping like that should somehow matter to a person that was standing mere feet from the showroom. Then I asked if I could take a quick tour of the factory.... negative. I left thinking wtf? But I did snag the digits of their hot receptionist. Yeah, I'm a ho but my g/f and I have an "arrangement"

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14148
what is sod0my?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2259
Butt sex

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14149
oh lol. see you learn something new everyday. ima let you off with a warning this time rob and brad. next time don't be posting discusting sh!t on my thread.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2260
Point taken sir.

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14151
with all my post counts comes responsibility.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2261
We bow down to the all-time post leader of E.

Now I am just kissing ass to not jeopardize my lifetime wangs

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14153
brad quick question....

you think if randy rhodes never died, he'd be the best guitarist of all time?

also don't you think crazy train by ozzy osbourne is the best heavy metal song of all times?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2266
Rhoads* Maybe.... he was always learning. He called a classical teacher at every city on every tour to continue learning even though most of those teachers were not as far along as Randy was at that point. I miss him terribly, and I wonder what amazing music he would be putting out today if it weren't for that douchebag pilot who took him up even though he didn't even have a valid pilots license.

And no. Crazy Train is a good song, but very far from the best of all time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5577
chad I said I dont have the idmax it's the idq 12 I thought I heard that sub was better for overall sound quality....am i right? (the idq is supposed to be better sq wise)

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14154
oh my bad. either one of those subs is going to sound awesome anyways.

brad is an expert on image dynamic subs. maybe he'll shed some light on that.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11789
well if u say so & i hope i am wrong - just dont like how sparse inside it looks ......

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14155
yeah i know what you mean rovin. hopefully its good. i've researched other forums and nothing but good things were said about the amp.

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3098
Chad, heres the address.

13425 Whittram Ave
Fontana, CA 92335

If your coming from the 60 east, get on the 15 north, then ger on the 10 east and then exit Cherry which is like the second exit. Go north on Cherry, up the bridge, the the street after the bridge and Whittram, make a left and travel like 1 mile or so until you see a big steel plant to your left with 3 flag poles, 2 yellow 10ft posts or just look out for my car on the left side of the street. I wouldn't take the etiwanda exit. If you do, right when you pass up the railroad tracks, whittram is the street right after that to your right.

909-286-7487
^work number.

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14156
cool. i should be there around 4 pm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5593
chad im curious what series sound splinter speaker do you have and what size

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14157
i have the 12 inch rl-s

Gold Member

Post Number: 5596
holy crud thats an awesome sub

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8344
I have the Tribute album on cassette and cd. I was partial to Mr Crowley, particuarly the intro. Yes I grew up in hair nation. Nothing too heavy though. It was a good era.

Sorry.

Continue please.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4814
yeah chad, i just got some really nice RCAs to replace my other fairly cheap ones. the ones i have now are streetwires double shielded and twisted, silver solder 24k gold plated. and their is a difference not huge in my case though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us