Bernys Fiberglass Door Panels Started

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3070
Decided to start on my doors since Chad will be selling me the amp soon and it should be in my hands asap. =).

Now on to some pics.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3071
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 865
look good berny keep up the good work...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14094
looking good berny. can't wait to see the finished product.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4799
looks good, iv been debating on doing that or not, but i just dont have my room in my damn import.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 2219
nice berny... hope mine turns out as good as urs

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3072
whenever I finish it, I'm just going to like paint it black for awhile until I decide to do my whole interior, then I'll get it vinyled up with gucci inserts or carbonfiber inserts. =).

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 712
You were in Transformers

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 933
GUCCI FTW

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3074
I'll be working on it in the next couple of days. Tomarrow is a little sanding, fiberglass matt, resin, dry, sand, matt and dry. I'll probaly do this up to like umm 3-4 times until I feel consident that it won't break. I also put it in my car to see how it was like, its gonna look awesome ftw.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 893
tweets goin by the handles or somethin?

looks damn good though, i wish i had big enough cojones to do fiberglass work on my car...i salute you berny, o owner of large cojones

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 894
"looks damn good though, i wish i had big enough cojones to do fiberglass work on my car...i salute you berny, o owner of large cojones"

haha that and two cars, one of them being a denali

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3075
I got two locations that I'm thinking about mounting the tweeter at. One is the stock location and the other is above the door handle. Look at this picture and you'll see what I mean. If I decide to mount at the stock location, I'm going to fiberglass a tweeter pod. If I plan to mount it above the door handle, no fiberglassing, I'mma just mount it there because I know later in the future I'll want to change my components so having a permanent tweeter mount there won't be a good choice if the other tweeter doesn't fit in that location.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8218

Lots of work is gonna pay off here man. I can see it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 715
The highest you can make it to your ear.. and dont give me that harmonic BS.. the closer it is to ur ear the better it will sound and better it will travel to ur ears....

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3076
"The highest you can make it to your ear.. and dont give me that harmonic BS.. the closer it is to ur ear the better it will sound and better it will travel to ur ears...."

Once you hear a true SQ sound system with some of the best equipment around, that harmonic bullSh!t isn't bullsh!t at all ;). If I didn't want that harmonic bs, I would of put 5 + Coaxials in each door. But you see, I like that Harmonic bs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 718
I've heard Sq and i've heard SPL... The closer to your ear, but not right up to it, the better....

I dotn believve in that HBS.. i believe in the speed of sound and were it can bounce of and ruin it.... if u put it to low, the sound will get a lil screy cause the seat your arm and blah blah.. can mess with it... you all prolly dont believe me, but ti is tru... and your cloths absorb sound also...

HMMMM NEXT DB DRAG... go naked ha ha ha

Silver Member

Post Number: 720
just to let u no.. i'm not arguing with u or tryin to start anyhting, it is just my opinion... some people dont understand that and start something.. u know

Oh by the way looks nice either way

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3522
Dru wtf do you know about SQ?Seriously,quit acting like you know everything.With your stock speakers,I'm sure you know all about SQ.

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3077
"The closer to your ear, but not right up to it, the better...."

That is your opinion, but not always true.

Silver Member

Post Number: 722
Wow Rob seriously... i ahve had systems.. and i go to car meets eva monday.. eva heard of goranada.. ok spelling is rong but yea...

Those things can make ur ears bleed and sound so good at doing it... Just cause i dont have a system now, doesnt mean i dont no anyhting ok...I sold my last system, for reasons i have mentioned

Gold Member

Post Number: 3524
"Those things can make ur ears bleed and sound so good at doing it... Just cause i dont have a system now, doesnt mean i dont no anyhting ok...I sold my last system, for reasons i have mentioned"

Yea,speakers sound best when the sound is muffled by blood.For all we know you never had a system ever in your life and you have nothing to prove otherwise and nor does anyone care and nobody likes you Dru,not me,not anyone.Start a thread named "Is anyone my friend?" and watch everyone say "F uck no!".

Silver Member

Post Number: 723
Another thing... i have installed a sht load of systems...just this month ive done 10... and dont say anyhting to critisize me, u neva seen or heard my sht i install so keep it shut... my costumers are always satisfied, and they reccomend me around here

Silver Member

Post Number: 724
they also recommend hooked on phonics 4 me

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1342
ok so how bout we start a new thread so my man berny can get some recognition for his work..

nice job bern looks great man

ps .. hey rob ..

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2631
All that work and just one set of drivers? Surley you could fit 2 more in there..lol. Nice work.

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3078
lol Marc I know what you mean, and don't think I have debated about it long and hard, because I have. over and over again. What made me make my decsion was seeing people with loud installs and only running one set of components in the front. It made me wonder, so I decided, I don't need 2 sets, 1 will be find. And in the future I'm going to upgrade to some rainbow profivanadiums ($600). I don't wanna spend 1200 just so that I have two sets, and if I just get 1, I don't wanna have that hole there with a piece of mdf or w/e to cover it up. So 1 set is fine. See how much I typed, shows how much I have thought about it, over, and over, and over again. OH, and also running two sets = more amps. 1 set with a JL 450/4 = just perfect. Thanks mike, sup rob ;).

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14104
berny knows what he is doing. that thing is going to sound awesome. before you make a permanent spot for your tweeter, you should try it out in different places to see whats best for you.

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3082
yeah, thats what I'm going to do chad.

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 906
wow dru, july 4th and you've already installed 10 systems, that's gotta be a record...

berny ahve you done fiberglass before....if not, scale of 1 to 10, 10 being very hard, how's the fiberglass process going for ya...haha itch much?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3532
"wow dru, july 4th and you've already installed 10 systems, that's gotta be a record... "

Rofl!

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 971
lmao^^^ nice catch cal. hahha but berny looks nice man keep doin what ur doing. and what set do you have in there until ur upgrading to the profi's?

Silver Member

Post Number: 747
i ment in 30 days....seriously eva one STFU, quit finding lil things that i make in mistakes....

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 973
quit posting on every thread

Silver Member

Post Number: 748
Example.. when someone is gonna, let say give u something in 30 days, they say in a month...

That is how i ment it..... you all can hate me all u want, but be mature and stop, with all the lame jokes, and studying all my sentences, till u find a flaw...

I'm a human i make mistakes

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 974
lowers ur chances of fvucking up as much

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 844
you spelled meant wrong... meant, not ment. lol

it's just that with you there's a lot of mistakes. don't take everything so seriously, cal wasn't trying to be mean, he was just making a joke

Gold Member

Post Number: 3533
"just this month ive done 10"

Usually when people say "this month" it means the month that we are currently in.Had you said "within the past month ive done 10" we might actually believe you.You should have stayed in school buddy or you should go back and do it all over again.

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 976
lol do it all over again.

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3088
"berny ahve you done fiberglass before....if not, scale of 1 to 10, 10 being very hard, how's the fiberglass process going for ya...haha itch much?"

Nope, never fiberglassed anything before this. I would say fiberglassing is about a 5 if you know what your doing and what direction you are going in. The fumes will get to you, wear a mask. I don't use gloves bc I hate how the resin makes the gloves feel sticky. I haven't started sanding it down yet so I can't tell you if it itches for me yet. To protect yourself from itchyness, either cover your arms up with talc or baby powder, or wear a long sleeved shirt. The thing with fiberglassing, is that just to get started, theres a lot of things you need to start. Like, speaker rings, how are you going to cut the door up? Using a hand held router like the rotozip. Your going to need a hot glue gun. Your going to need a staple gun. YOu need cloth. Some of these things you never think about until you say to yourself, damn I really need this before I continue. Luckily, I have most of that stuff that I need to use =). But yeah, I watched some fiberglassing dvd's and I'm confident. I'll continue working on it tomarrow since I don't come back to work at 10 and I get off at 6am this morning =).

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3089
bump

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 976
looking good dude, i want finisht results!!!!

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1937
Berny nice work again....hit me up on AIM next time ur on...

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1841
I would put the tweeter in the lower position. It wont be as loud but it should have a better sound, from what ive heard tweeters should stay clear of glass when looking for sq. Thats why i put my tweets in the stock position, and i love it.

In the picture, the red dots are the tweet and my 4inch mids...cant really see them behind the stock speaker guards.
Upload

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14125
^^^^^^^show off. lol. looks great jake.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1608
Berny thats looking nice I cant wait to see it all finished.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 279
looks awsome berny. with all that extra width wont there be less leg room? but sorry i agree with dakang, i like my tweeters more at ear level. but thats just my opinion.

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3095
Theres enough leg room, I already put it inside of my car to see how it is and when I closed the door there was plenty of room. Its one of the reasons why I won't do kick pods/panels because they take up foot space, but this doesn't take up foot space, just leg space but the way I sit its fine. And I'm testing to see where the tweets sound best, I'm not gonna put it at ear level, most likely chest level, but gotta experiment and see where I like it the most.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 281
well im not even sure if i would want them at ear level. i have them more at chest level i would say and they sound perfect. maybe like shoulder level.idk.lol

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1938
no pic updates??? ur slackin berny....

Gold Member

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3097
More like I'm working 76hrs this week and I didn't get my days off. Oh, and I had to go to school Thursday, then be at work at 10pm, same goes for today. I don't think a lot of you realize how busy my life is. As for the weekend, I'm working 2pm to 6am, 16hrs x 2days. I work on them when I can.

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1942
dang man. 16hr shifts gotta suck...anyways, jus hit me up when ur on AIM next...i got the speaker dimensions for ya.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us