Sub may have blown?

Silver Member
Username: Garciag

Post Number: 191
so my subs just stopping playing the only thing i heard was a pop and then nothing, i know that when subs blow you ususally get that strong burn smell but i didnt thats why i was wondering if it could be somthing else, i checked all the wires and the amp powers on so what could it be or is it blown? thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 61
there are 2 easy ways i can think of to check:

1) go to your local store and say to them listen mate i wanna buy a sub, they will be like yeah mate buy this one, and u'll be like dude i need to test how it sounds so if its ok can u just quickly dash it in the boot. you will now know whether its ur connections or ur sub.

2) if you have a friend wiv sounds then quickly connect up their sub to ur amp and see what happens.

secret step 3) keep the volume low to avoid blowing ur mates sub or just lower the gain on the amp even

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 928
hahahahahahahahaha you crack me up Walye good advice i guess but its just so fu_cking funny hahahahahahahah

also push in on the cone and see if you hear a scrapping noise if you can hear your sub is gone

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1586
Get a multimeter and measure the resistance of the coils and make sure they read what they should. If not then it is blown.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1341
ray thats not always true bud ..

my new ava i got from AA did that since the day I bought it ... and slammed hard for a year no problems

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
i found out its not my subs its my amp but i cant figure out whats wrong with it i checked all the connections...it goes into protect at first and then it goes back to normal i just dont get any output what else should i try

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
bump

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5838
when you hear a pop that means that your amp blew an output channels thats the symptom. when a sub blows it regularly plays very loud and a smell start coming from the sub or enclosure

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
alright thanks man

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 499
Mike, if your sub was scraping on the first time you played it, you should have sent it back to AA because the fcked up setting the coil. If it only scraped when you pushed down, you were doing it wrong and not applying equal pressure.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 948
True that Colby
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us