Username: Logan__tille

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8394
What?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2984
SQL box, covered in Herculiner, great sh!t. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, IN United states

Post Number: 482
did u spray that inside and out?

I was wondering if any1 had tried doing this yet.
Now I know at least 1 has. I'd like to know how it turned out. It ought to be sealed that's for sure.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 394
we need a better pic polo lol

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2985
I let you see what I want you to see, sorry. The outside was epoxied then herculined, still going to add one more large layer, great stuff man, really. This stuff is so good you can brush it on, I am gonna even brush all the metal in my trunk, it cannot hurt. I was doing some vibration tests and in a decent thickness it has dampening qualities. The stuff inside is acoustical dampening material but does not go anywhere near the port area. This is designed to break up any reflected coloration and standing waves. The stiffness and shortness of the material (1/4") will not cause much if any turbulance and if it does it will be outweighed by the increase in sound quality. The box has strategically placed 1" hardwood dowel braces, only two as not to add to any more turbulance, should sound nice.... Polo. :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2987
Ok, ouside peek then,lol. Have to paint the port tonight, high gloss black lacquer... :-O

PS- The white fingerprints are from sanding and touching the finish, it comes off just not done sanding yet. Also the sub gets removed for sanding just placed it on top for you guys..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14101
awesome polo. i bet my berlin song will pound in that box.

great job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us