Anyone have any R/C Boats?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8377
Or any other vehicles? If you do, what size motor does it have? How long is it? What brand motor? Any pics?:-)

Im loading pics of mine right now.

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8378
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 271
no but,

do u have to reset the gain on your amps when u hook up an eq? sorry to jack your thread but no ones responding. the eq has 7vrms output.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16889

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8205
Boy you full of toys! That looks fun as hEll!

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8379
Oh yea, and it runs like a raped ape.

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Post Number: 227
Man thats sucka is sweet! I would love to have one.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8206
Does she throw a rooster tail????

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1827
schweet. never had an rc boat...

i had a traxxas jato that was fun but brushless electric cars are lots kewler...

my next toy will be a banshee...

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1799
i have a Traxxas Nitro Rustler 2.5r motor...

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8381
Pics!!!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3485
"i had a traxxas jato that was fun but brushless electric cars are lots kewler...

my next toy will be a banshee..."

The Electrics have a lot more torque but overall speed is much simpler to go with nitro because running 14 cells to go fast sucks.I have a Revo 3.3 all race modded.

http://www.putfile.com/th3pwn3r/images/99457

Gold Member

Post Number: 1829
yeah, their fun, but messy...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2215
"raped ape"

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 690
How much did u spend on that logan... My firend has one that was 1200... it is fast, and big.... (no hommo)

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8382
Yea, The low end power with nitro sucks d!ck. But when you get thoes b!tches wound up, They take charge.

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8383
I bought it used for $225.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3486
What size engine is in that Logan and are you a tuning noob or tuning pro?My 3.3 starts on the first or 2nd pull depending on how well I prime it.

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8384
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1831
1200? it better be like the best rc boat in the world...

and ya logan, thats why i really like the electric motor cars. they just scoot when you pull the trigger...

nitros are a blast but they do kinda blow because of the low end power issue, you have to warm them up good before the transmission usually starts working real good and again, they are messy. messy messy messy...

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8386
Its a .32

Mine starts on the first pull just about every time.

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8387
Yes, nitro is very very messy.lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1832
i dont think it would be nearly as bad in a boat though...

and paul asked a good question...

does it throw up a rooster tail?

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8388
After you take off and it starts to get wound up it throws one about 10 feet. I will try to get a vid.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3487
"nitros are a blast but they do kinda blow because of the low end power issue, you have to warm them up good before the transmission usually starts working real good and again, they are messy. messy messy messy..."

Messy sure but they're less maintenance than electric believe it or not and cheaper to run.Breaking open the electric motors sucks to service them and they lose peak power very fast.You have to clean or service the brushes and then the comm so you have to buy a lathe and all these expensive tools.I used to run electric but Nitro is much simpler as far as maintenance.Tremor off the line they do pull hard but then they dump their batts quick.The fastest drag RC is electric by the way beat out the Nitro by seconds if I can remember correctly and they were built b@llz out.Another thing is that Nitro isn't that bad for low end.If I could spin all 4 tires at once on my Nitro RS4-3SS what more low end do you need?If I mashed the trigger too hard too fast it would sit still and start spinning :-) No point in having more torque on something like that.For rock crawlers Electric is preferred but Nitro is more "Realistic" and I love being able to just fill up a tank while still running and run for a full hour of b@llz out driving unlike my electrics that had 80 dollar packs in them and would dump in 10 minutes.Even with 4 packs it sucked :-( I still love R/C either way whether it's electric or Nitro it's a great hobby.I've definately typed way too much sh1t right here and I hope nobody reads all of this, honestly lol.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2977
That is a little boat! I have a 42" Cat that has been sitting in my garage for a year, lol. I was racing for a while, 25cc unlimited ( Quickdraw billets). I still have some props laying around to. If you are interested in boats here is a link http://www.jrcbd.com/ They can help you to. I also had RC helis.
Polo...

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8389
lol I dont agree with nitro vehicles being cheaper to run. Goddamn nitro is expensive. My boat burns a tank in 10mins And its like $32 a gallon!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1800
^^^x2 have you seen the price on fuel lately ? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1833
slow down rob, your having one of your fits again...

spinning all 4 wheels? the thing weighs 7 pounds...

ive seen alot of people run brushless cars and not have hardly any problems with them for months. ive seen them buy a new brushless motor for them a time or two. only thing I forgot that really sucked about electric was of course the batteries... sure theres rechargable but if you got a good nitro car you can run several tanks through it and then let it chill...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1801
damn...i need to get my rustler running again...its sitting in my basement collecting dust

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8390
This boat is 36" long.

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8392
Oh and I also have this one. It was my dads. But it hasnt been ran since the 80's lmao.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2978
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gQ9R4-OH6E

Gold Member

Post Number: 3489
"ive seen alot of people run brushless cars and not have hardly any problems with them for months. ive seen them buy a new brushless motor for them a time or two. only thing I forgot that really sucked about electric was of course the batteries... sure theres rechargable but if you got a good nitro car you can run several tanks through it and then let it chill..."

Brushless are maintenance free my man.Brushless Gorilla Revo cost 1300 for the kit without the cost of the origal Revo rofl.It was a lot slower on the track compared to a stock Revo too.I just mentioned the Rs4 spinning the wheels because we were talking about Torque and why would you want more torque for that?My brother in law's Nitro powered Tamiya Terra Crusher can pull a 180 pound guy in a wagon so there's another example of torque in Nitro,especially when you're running aluminum clutch shoes FTW.Now when you talk about RC tractor pulls it's all about Electric until you see the guys with 6 .21 Engines :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1834
rc tractor pulls, that is an all new one on me...

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2979
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oF-k5Okl2k

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 693
"1200? it better be like the best rc boat in the world"

It is if u ask me...And it does about 80 he upgraded it and it does.. i dont even no any more it is flucking fast

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8393
I never knew there was such a thing as R/C tractor pulls.lmao

Learn somthing new everyday.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2188
I have a Traxxas rustler TRX pro.15 its the older rustler before the 2.5s come out but man this little mother haul azz well 30-35MPH thats fast for a 1/10 scale RC car. I was thinking of getting a Traxxas nitro 4-tec TRX3.3 70+ MPH but hell I have enough trouble controling this one but there fun as hell to play with. I have rebuilt it several time from crashing it.

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8397
lol then stop crashing it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2198
Easier said then done.

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8400
Yea i know. I rolled the boat over last week. It tryed to sink. Only 2" of the box was floating. Thank god for styrofoam.lmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 3515
"lol then stop crashing it."

X2.Take it to a big park and there won't be anything to crash into.The only way you would crash it then is if you had a run-away.Meaning you lost control of it through the servos or you lost control through signal.One time my throttle linkage vibrated out of the servo arm at wide open throttle,I had it doing donuts until it smashed into a curb :-( Then I saw the reason why and said "You son of a b1tch!"

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8401
lol^^^

Im scared to death that mine will get out of range and stay wide open since it doesnt have a fail safe on it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2199
Oh yeah I got it clocked going 37MPH today by a policeman. I was going 37MPH in a 25MPH zone luckily no ticket.HA HA

Gold Member

Post Number: 2217
Logan

How fast would you say your white boat goes?

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8405
We ran it beside out big boat at 43mph.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2989
Logan you can buy an aftermarket failsafe or just buy a modern PCM radio with the failsafe built in. Either way you should have it because if you get a glitch you are screwed. I was going to sell my boat but I think I may even resurrect it from the garage, kinda miss it, lol. Funny, if you think $1200 is alot of money for these toys you are mistaken. I paid $850 for my engine alone, still worth around $700 or so. You will also need a retrieval vessel, waiting for it to blow to the other side of the lake is no fun... :-O Polo..

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8409
lol I have lots of retrival vessels, I just hate to have to use them. That little boat pisses me off sometimes, but I still love it:-)

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8410
bummmmpp

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 278
i'd love to get into r/c big leauges but i need cash lol. i used to buy the 15 dollar tyco cars slap in a 7000 mah 7.2 volt and crank them up. i got my one tyco hummerso over heated i melted the nylon gears in it. i haven't been bk to r/cs in a while but picked up a rc radioschack truck it's like 2 and a half feet by 8 inches across with a ride height of like 10 inches high. it normally ran on 1, 7.2v pack but i wired 2 of the batteries so and it pushed 14.6 volts to the truck. i still got it to this day, and only store bought rc i ever owned that only drives on it's back wheels from torque at open throttle. i even made it summer sault by punchin it wide open from the torque.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us