Kenwood KVT-815 DVD and an I-pod

Username: 07ramjam

Post Number: 1
Ive been doing alot of reading here the past few weeks.There is a ton of great info.I wont be doing much posting but I do have a question.

I had a Jensen 9311 and I just wasnt happy with the SQ,but it has a ton of features.I came across the Kenwood unit used for 400.00.I know its a couple of years old but damn,what a difference!!People kept telling me "dont buy the Jensen" I did anyway and this Kenwood makes the Jensen look like a toy.I havent even figured it all out yet.

My question is this,can I hook up my I pod Nano to the Kenwood?If so what would I need to do it??

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 479
You have two main options:

1) The KCA-IP500 Adapter will give you control through the HU and charging for the iPod. However, the control is sluggish, the interface is non-intuitive and it has a tendancy to cause the iPod to lock up. I have a buddy who runs the 815 and got the IP500 as a gift and he says if it hadn't been free he probably wouldn't use it.

2) A simple Mini to RCA Adapter cable hooked from the headphone port on the iPod to the AUX in on your DVD brain. Control stays on the iPod but you sacrafice some sound quality using the headphone port rather than the dock connector.

Alternatively, I run the Kenwood 617DVD and use the following to run my iPod:

I wanted to keep the controls on my iPod, use the dock connector and have charging so I use a Belkin Auto Kit and a Mini to RCA cable and run it to my AUX in on my DVD brain. It was the best solution for me but everyone has different needs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us