Classic mini with no tunes for summertime

Username: Seanmini

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone,

I have a classic mini with no stereo. There is basically no room in the car but I am still going to try to install a small system.

I went to the store and they want me to put 6x9 speaker boxes on the rear parcel shelf. I don't really want to do this because it will cover half of the rear window. I was thinking of cutting holes and dropping he speakers in there. The trunk is quite small but the guy said they wouldn't sound good.

There is also just about enough room to put boxes under the rear seat. I would have to make my own so they would fit properly but I am concerned because they would be projecting straight into the back of the front seats less than a foot away.

Do I really need boxes or would the holes be enough?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4780
dont you have a place for speakers in the doors?

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 333
^^ Thas what I was wondering, Whats wrong with the doors ?

Username: Seanmini

Post Number: 2
The doors on the old minis are very thin. I'll have to take one apart to find out how thin exactly but I'm not positive they would have enough depth to mount speakers. Other people with minis have had to mount speakers in the air vents which are 3". I would think that if it were possible to mount in the doors they wouldn't block up their vents.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 284
take pictures of ur interior. maybe we can understand alot better if we see your mini and what your working with. i'm famillar with minis pretty well but alot have diff variations between old and the new bmw's so drop some pics and i'm sure we can work something else out a little better for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us