Buying car sub woofers and amplifiers.

Username: Jimmayor007

Corpus Christi, TX United States

Post Number: 1
This guide is to aid you in your search for car sub woofers and amplifiers. So many people jump right into car audio without really knowing much about it. These people can get burned by over priced equipment, blown equipment due to improper installation, and purchasing of subs and amplifiers that just do not work together.

So lets start with the basics:

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1734
you come to a car audio forum and tell us how to shop for car audio equipment

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8120
"8 inch woofer: These subs are best used in the back dash of a car, or maybe in a bazooka tube in a truck. Basically for people that don't really want to take up much space in their vehicle but still get some decent bass. Putting these in a trunk would be a waste of money, you'd barely hear them! An 8 inch woofer will not make the hair on your arms stand up, but will fill the car with a better than factory sound. It really depends on the quality of the sub and the number of them installed, a pair is best I think. Most 8's will not be able to handle low frequencies, 40 Hrtz or below I believe, but can hit higher ranges of bass safely, up to 110 hrtz(see below about crossovers). A good 8 will be able to handle up to 400 watts RMS, some sound good at lower RMS, some expensive ones can handle power higher than 400 watts RMS. The sound of an 8 kinda gets inside your head, some people find this annoying, the frequency is just too high."

I can tell you right now Wolfman hates you!!!!Lol.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1337
uhm ...

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1736
don't be dissin 8"s foo...see this thread

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/366892.html

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!