USB FM MODULATOR??

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3274
Do They make FM MODULATORS with a USB playing device?
I find USB FM TRANSMITTER's but i dont want the SQ loss from it, so i would rather hard wire it into my antenna rather then broadcasting a new signal myself. Has anyone ever looked for them or found any?

http://www.roadmasterusa.com/fmmod_vr3.php

This is the FM TRANSMITTER (it transmitts the signal like a radio station would) i need a Modulator (it plugs directly into the antenna) but alot of the stores dont realize they are posting it wrong calling it a Modulator when its a Transmitter...... anyone? i really want to get my USB support onto this stock HU.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 268
look up the ipod shuffle the older models they were usb powered only so u might find one there.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3078
I think I know what you're saying.

But you would need some device to play the music from the USB drive, and then connect it to an FM modulator with the headphone jack cord.

And you're not going to find that since that device would basically be an MP3 player using a USB drive as memory. You could do what you are wanting with a SD card MP3 player though. You would just be using SD cards as memory instead of a USB dive.

Is there a problem with that and did I get what you meant there?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3276
What i was hoping to find would be somthing like the FM modulator along with a seperate box that connects to the inputs (this box would have playback support and wire with a usb jack to mount it somwhere) and a remote or IR extender to control it) All i need is USB support. I also have a 2GB sony Pro DUo 2 card... along with a adapter. but either will work, show me a link :-) i have a feeling once the system is installed my bass is going to shake the cd again and make it skip... not none of my aftermarket HU's could ever even support the bass.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3083
Well it looks like what you would have to do is use an MP3 player connected to the FM modulator.

Also you said you didn't want to lose quality...... are you aware that you will lose a tremendous amount of quality from the FM modulator? The SQ loss of the MP3 player would be minimal by comparison.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3277
i already know that, im just saying there would be even more of a loss from a fm transmitter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us