2 subs, 1 box, no divider...??

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 345
Ok so im wondering...If i have a box and i have 2 holes for 2 12" woofers...There is no divider in the middle so there like sharing a box i guess u could say and im gonna put aero ports right in the middle..ive seen it done be4 but lets say each sub calls for 2.5 cu.ft...do i have to make the box 5.0 cu.ft?? or can the subs share the 2.5 cu.ft thats there already considering i will figure in displacement and all that 2....help me out guys

Silver Member

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 346
Anybody??

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8330
You make the box 5cuft.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11749
i have done this a few times b4 & followed advice given to me from a fellow box building buddy who told me to minus .25cuft from the specs per sub (forgot the exact explanation) but ex if each sub needs 2 then u use 3.5cuft ...seems to work quite good for the subs i have done ....

Silver Member

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 347
alright rovin and logan thank you!! thats all i needed

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 880
What you said will work, but I dont usually suggest doing it. The reason being, if one sub stops playing or breaks, then you will not be able to use the other sub because the volume will be WAY to big. But of course you can do it, you just dont have that extra protection incase something does go wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1494
and i know one thing make sure tha subs are in phase with each other with no divider

it likes squeezing a pack of ketchup on one side whuts it gonna do???????

push to the other same with that box

it sounds good at low volumes but turn it up and it cancels tha waves out n sounds horible but if u have one box use it until u build a new one but i personolly hat boxes with no wall

no 2 subs play alike anyway
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us