Spl rumor

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 173
i have heard around that making the subs face the other way in the box "inverting" them will increase spl. is this true?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5737
if your sub is under the recomended range of enclosure and is suffocating since it needs a bigger space taking out or inverting the sub so the motor and structure of the sub will take some space and have a bigger space and the sub will be workign more efficient.

some subs will not improve and some will since some will work in the enclousure they are in and the ones that will not improve means that they are in their recomended size box.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8095
I have not seen/read any evidence to prove that theory. As far as I know the sub just looks cool inverted.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
lol true tue... well my box is too big... i have 1 type r and the box is too big by about .55 cubic feet. it is a vented box. will inverting the sub improve the spl?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2433
not if the box is too big... it will probably just make it bottom out alot

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
bottom out? whats that? good or bad? and if the box is the perfect size will inverting them make it sound worse speaking in terms of spl

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 939
think about it man,

if ur BOX IS TOO BIG with the sub's basket mounted IN THE BOX...

inverting the sub will ultimately make that BOX BIGGER. Only invert if u have too LITTLE of space, or you have built ur box specifically to specs of inverted application

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8098
^^^Exactly. If you don't have room for the right box, you don't have room for the sub.

Only unless you use damping to compensate for inadequate box volume.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
ahhhhhh i see. yea i just like the look of inverted subs and i wanted to do it without killing the spl. idk. thanx though

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3061
Inverting subs makes absolutely NO DIFFERENCE is sound or SPL.

It does change volume of the box though, since the magnet is now outside the box and not displacing any air inside.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us