Sub and stock speaker in rear bad or good?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3250
hes my problem.... my car has a stock 8" sub in the rear where most cars would have 6x9's, when i put a dd9515 with 1K+ watts will it make the stock sub hit max excursion from the pressure and sound like trash? My thought was tat i get a new sub to drop in there and seal the botton of it off with sound proofing mat.... is it worth it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3251
btw the stock sub is dual 2ohm 8"..... i cant find dual 2 yet.. i only looked at RE tho... anyone else make them? I will be amping it to fill the gap from the subs to the components

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1516
Im gonna guess that the sub was wired to 4 ohms and in that case the soundsplinter rl-i comes in a single 4 ohm coil and would be an excellent 8".

Gold Member

Post Number: 3269
Im not sure exactly how its wired i avnt had the chance to look into it much yet, it might actually be 2 channels for all i know powering it, but with same signal.. Is the Autotek 8000.5 any good? I would just amp the replacment sub with about 300rms

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1521
So if you plan on amping the 8" what difference does it make what the voice coil is? Just get an amp that can power it at whatever ohm load you have.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5736
dude sound pslinter rl-i dual 4 ohm wired in series 2ohm... then if you want to add a dd make a mdf baffle so it can play clean.

the dd pressure will not make it hit maxx excursion it will cause the sound to be out of phase thats another thing.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3063
By far, the best thing is to take that stock sub out so the DD in the trunk is ported to the inside of the car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us