Nice 1k-1500rms set up

Username: Jnoel

Jordan Singleton is my..., KY

Post Number: 2
I'm lookin for a set of subs that will do well with 1k to 1500rms. Lookn for nice sql, that will pick up the lows good. Goin in the trunk of a Grand Prix. Not lookin to spend a whole lot, but I can save up. Also, I need an amp to go w/ them. I have a 4kw, but I decided I'm going with a smaller set up b/c I dont want to have alot invested into the electrical upgrades that come along with it.
I need somethin thats gunna b loud b/c my friend has a 9918(soon to be RD SHW 18") w/ a Memphis 4kw and he fu<ks my world up when it comes to systems.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1926
i typed that for him :-)

This is a friend of mine., Ima do an install for him, but I wanna kno yalls opinions tho, whats sumn that gets loud w/ low power. Most electrical upgrades we'll end up doin to the car is maybe an extra battery.
So far the best option is my old pair of SSI 15s, but I think they'll need more power.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 864
Well you won't be as loud as an 18" SHW with 1500rms, but you can get something very nice.

I will be running a 12" alpha with a SAZ-1500D. You won't be hitting 155 db's daily, but you could have a nice sounding daily setup that plays in the mid 140's.

Username: Jnoel

Jordan Singleton is my..., KY

Post Number: 3
I kno I wont be quite that loud. Im just sayin with a budget of about 800 for subs and amp what do you think is my best option, I may be able to do like a Max of 2k rms. Im lookin for 2 12s or 2 15s.

Username: Yanira_martinez

Post Number: 1
anybody have the new key

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3490
i was really happy with 1 RE SX 15" on an RE 35.1 .. (1500rms @ 1ohm on 12volts)

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1927
wat?

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1928
not u kevin, the yanira person...

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12494
Get Chaunceys fully loaded FI BL 15" can handle 1500rms daily with ease

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 2155
lmfao jordan does justin know about his sig hahahahaha

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5377
"Jordan Singleton is my daddy , KY"

lol

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1439
2 15" Fi.SSD's would do nicely with about 1600-1800rms

2 15" Audioque SD2.5's would do very nicly with about 1000rms

i have 2 12" SD2.5's and they get loud

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1929
not gunna do Fi. Just out of the fact that I've never jumped on the whole Fi deal. AQ is a definite possibility. It's what I originally thought would b best in the power range, and I kno brad recommended em to me for 500 watts on one, so id say they could hander 750 each prolly. He was originally wantn sum DDs like my last ones, but doesn't wanna blow the money on an alt...so i told him he'd prolly fry a 4kw runnin it permanently w/o one.
What's a good amp that will do 1500ish at 1ohm, that doesn't draw too much current?

Someone help my 'SON' out lmao.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1302
so he wants to run 1.5krms on a grand prix alt? i was runnin 600rms in my GP and although i didnt get any dimming, im runnin 1200 in my trailblazer (which has a bigger alt) and im getting dimming so id stay right at 1000rms if i were you

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 424
Jordan I have a Nine.1 on 2 12 SD2.5...that would be a real nice set up for him. The SD2.5 handles the power with eeeezzzz

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1932
well the alt upgrade i HIGHLY doubt will happen. And 1k is just not gunna b enough, so 1.5-2k is wats gunna happen most likely. prolly 1 extra battery to maybe smooth it out a lil bit. For $50 theres a guy who rebuilds alts, and can "beef it up". He's going to prolly try that and see if we can maybe get 120a or so range.

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1933
jus found a 160a alt on ca.com for 110 shipped, i think he guna get that....so maybe even more power possible now :-) How much u think we could get by w/ runnin a 160a alt, and HC1800 batt in the back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us