New Amp Rack

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 478
So I decided today to draw out my new amp rack... It will mount on the back of my sub box which will be 36" wide 13" tall, and im not sure how deep yet. It will be for the new Audioque 12HDC3. The amprack will have 1.5"x1.5" square blocks .75" thick on all 4 corners to set it apart from the box. The amprack will be carpeted, and the amp will be mounted in the center of the rack and surrounded by MDF walls which will also be carpeted.. 1/4" down, there will be an eighth inch slit on either end of the amp rack walls that will allow 1/8th piece of plexi glass to slide through. Below is an autoCAD depiction of what I hope to accomplish. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 2125
ok

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2605
I would change the background color in it to a lighter blue. But other then that it looks ok.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 480
it will be clear plexi, i just made it limo tint color so you could see there was something there, i created a parts assembly and constrained them together. Marc, I ran my wire =)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5466
charlie did you think of doing a false floor?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2606
I know you could.. Your amp will thank you.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 481
im not sure what you mean?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5468
a false floor is when you raise your foor of the trunk higher to mount your amp or amps underneathe or anything else you want there and run fans for ventalation then your subs and box would mount above the false floor.....(false floor is cut to fit over the original floor of course and carpeted but can be removed if needed)

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

Formerly known as Wolf...

Post Number: 253
you said its going to be mounted on the back of your box....not good...mounting amps on boxes is not good, they can shake parts loose. I mounted my amp on the back of the rear drivers side seat, that way when I want to mess with it, I just fold down the seat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us