Help me car audio geniuses. HELP ME!!!

Username: Linwood07

Detroit, MI

Post Number: 1
Hey I need some help people, and I'm sure someone here can help me. I have three (3) Audiobahn AW1251T in a sealed box and am trying to find a good amp. I was thinking of getting a JL Audio 1000/1 but I'm not sure. The subs are 400 watts RMS a piece, and 800 watts max a piece. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Oh, and by the way my head unit is a pioneer Deh-P3600. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

Formerly known as Wolf...

Post Number: 179
First, let me say that Audiobahn aren't very good subs, but since you got them, at least they're better than Sony's....lol anyway, 400 rms each equals 1200 watts, so you need a 1200 watt amp. Now, those subs are DVC 4ohm, so with 3, you will be seeing 2.6ohms, IF I figured that correctly....so you will need an amp that can run that and stay stable....I think that would mean a 1ohm stable amp, but I'm not sure.I'll let some of the others check my math and make suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2964
You'll need atleast a kicker 750.1 or a 1000.1. But getting such a good amp to power those subs..........ehhhhh. Anyways your looking at 250-400 for a kicker amp to put out a good amount of power at 2.67ohms

Subs are to be wired like this if they are dual 4ohm

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=3&woofer_imp=4

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 803
sell the subs, and take the money form those and your amp budget and buy decent stuff. Such a good amp would go to waste on those subs

and for the record, the JL would be a good amp for that setup or any trip setup becuase the RIPS system allows it to be 1000 rms at anywhere from 1.5-4 ohms and you might see upwards of 1100 or 1200 which would be perfect. But honestly, with that budget, you could have a real nice setup

also, haha no offense to you, but no one on this forum like audiobahn and you're gonna have a tough time finding support to keep them.

Good luck though man, keep us updated on your decisions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us