Power Wire Question on 1500rms @ 1 ohm

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 456
I currently have 1/0 Run to the back, but it is not burried.. There is no room whatsoever to burry it and I have spent countless hours trying to burry it and it is not working........ I am thinking about downgrading to 4awg wire. Would this wire be sufficient at 1500rms @ 1 ohm? Im looking to get either a sundown 1000D amp or the 1500D, or possible a MA 1500.1 or a XT4000D US amp [1500rms]. Would I be better off with 2 awg wire? Im not sure if i got this wire if I would even be able to bury it either, but im pretty sure I could manage to get the 4awg Burried. Please let me know, Thanks.

Also, would it be alright if I kept my 1/0 ground wire, and just used 4awg power wire? Or would this affect it at all?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2579
Larger ground is always prefered. Why dont you just run it under the car? Run it along the frame rail, Use split wire loom, ( I dont use it, but its recommended) and zip tie the heck out of it, Use heavy duty zip ties for air conditioning duct work. Not those cheap small 100 for $1.00 kind. Thats the easiest thing to do. But running 4awg is ok for 1500. Just keep it under 25'.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 457
would 2 gauge be better? the wire will be like 13 feet max.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2580
duh...Yes

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 5037
wait...

are you saying you cant hide the power wire?

what car do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 330
i know what you mean my power wire din't fit on the side so i had to run it under the carpet. you should think harder next time lol jk

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 459
1994 acura legend. I bet $999999999999 no one could run it, unless under the car, but i dont wanna do that. I cant find a re-entry point.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2582
Make a re-entry. Just drill it and use a grommet and caulk. Surley some one with your creative constuction abilities should be able to handle a drill hole.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 462
Considering there are multiple layers under the car and I dont own a drill bit with a 1" diameter to acomodate for the thickness of the 1/0, it would be hard to do this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5038
man...i have 4 runs of 1/0ga hid in my truck.

you would never know where it was unless i show you.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 798
yea a 1" drill bit's gonna be expensive....go to a hardware store and see if you cant put down a deposit to rent their bit kits and tap it, start small, end with the 1" or whatever you need...make sure its sealed with a washer or a grommet or somethin

Gold Member

Post Number: 5040
Unibit + firewall + gromit = TMFW

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Greenlee-Electricians-Step-Bit-Unibit-30008-NEW_W0QQitem Z120133567937QQihZ002QQcategoryZ42295QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

get one of those...its an installers best friend :-)

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2584
Use the biggest bit you have and make a few holes, then open it up with a hammer and screw driver. And what do you mean "multiple layers " What are you driving? a chocolate cake? Sounds like your commitment to this hobby is lacking. I had to use an angle grinder, a sawzall and drills to get my two 0/1 cables in where I wanted them.

Upload

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 470
no, my commitment isnt lacking, I just didnt want to tear through my car. Im looking to just downgrade to 2awg wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us