Proper Type - R Break in Meathod or any other woofer

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 127
I think this is a bit of a issue noone mentions much. i was at a zippos getting a proper box returning my crappy best buy one and the guy mentioned i should run the wooofer at low volume for 24 hours to break it in. i got a little worried cause i rean the woofer a little loud when i was testing it in the old box yesterday that was prob for like less then 5 min. so i did some more reasearch and i'm sure my woofer is fine. but the main question is. did this guy give me a honeest truth or is he over exaderating? i think it be good to keep a input from everyone on this as aguide to setting up woofers. i owned a decent amount from sual to infinity to alipine e's to r's i'm just curious on what everyone thinks about breakin in say my one R and any other woofers.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 480
Sure, playing your sub over a little bit of time will cause the VC to break in and it will be a little louder, but it shouldn't hurt the sub to play it loud right out of the box.

Think of it this way: A quality product shouldn't have to be broken in for it to work without it messing up. Otherwise, it isn't quality.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7897
Actually it comes up alot. Once loosened up there will be a difference in output but I have yet to read where someone damaged their sub by pushing it new, only if they wired something wrong from getgo. Think of it like a new pair of shoes, stiff and perfect when new, more comfortable when worn in a bit. My Mag was as stiff the day I sold it as the day I got it. Then again I wasn't trying to pull 150 dbs out of her either. My $.02.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 128
very true i just never owned anything of the quality like a type - R. i just wanted to make sure, i'm only pushin 600 rms and was curious about it since i just want to take caution even though i put the classic best buy warrenty on it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us