OT: dent fixing

Silver Member
Username: Spandmh1

Tunnel hill, Ga AudioQue ... Usa

Post Number: 302
anyone know a way i could fix a dent without having to get one of those things that u have to screw into ur car? i got ticked off at my car cuz it wouldnt start so i kicked it like a dumbazz. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1288
depending on the size try a plunger before u spend money on somethin like that first lol

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13844
toilet plunger works?

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 533
you have to have the right kind of toilet plunger. other than that, if it's on the door or somewhere with a removable inside panel, take it off and then use a folded towel and a rubber mallet to pound it out. just be gentle please.. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7889
How well do those magnetic dent pullers work?

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Fully loaded 18 BTL

Post Number: 231
worst case call dent wizard if theres no scratch in the paint the can massage it iout

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1291
yea it might, if u have one layin around u should try that before u go out spendin money on somethin u dont need if a plunger will do tha job, juss depends where its at an d how big it is

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 479
One of my co workers once jumped and sat on my hood. Left a huge dent in it. Here is how I got it out:

1. Leave your car out in the sun for a couple of hours.
2. Get a bag and put some ice in it.
3. Go out to your car and rub the bag of ice on the dent area.

Guess what happens to metal when it is rapidly cooled.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 125
ok first off the ice method works on large soft dents, not tiny ones from say kicking the door. theres 3 options here, one the plunger method and no no no do not use a toilet plunger, no offense to a redneck method but it won't do a proper job. go to a pep boys and get a automotive suction cup. it's used for pulling dents out the correct way. another method to open a kick panel to get to it. lastly u can get a "low temper" glue gun andput just enough glue on the area and stick something into the glue u can pull with. let the hot glue dry then pull the dent out and the glue should just pop off. now u have to becareful on this method cause u can tear paint off depending on the dent. lastly thiers a product that uses the hot glue method it's called pops a dent. idk how well it would work though. btw the method u mention is a slide hammer and a hot rivet spot welder type gun. that's used in really bad accidents that require major body work. just use a suction cup for like 5-15 bucks and be done with it.

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 459
if its in the door take off the inside panel and usr a ruber hammer to pop it out it works most of the time if not start kicking the tire insten of the car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us