A;lpine Type X wiring difficulties

Username: Twiztid1605

Post Number: 2
Hey, I just purchased a Alpine Type X 10. its being powered by a rockford fosgate punch series 150w x 2 cheaters series amplifier. To my understanding the fosgate amps are not stable at less than 2 Ohms. Since im only powering one DVC sub i wanted to bridge the amplifier down. When bridging this amp, since its only two Ohm stable, do i need to wire this sub woofer in series, or parallel

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2028
Parallel, like this:

Upload

Username: Twiztid1605

Post Number: 3
thanks. any recommendations on breaking in?? this sub seems really stiff compared to the kickers ive gotten to play with in the past

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2030
Well it is going to be stiffer by design because of the progressive roll suspension. Alot of people don't break in their subs at all, and some companies break them in good enough when they test the drivers before they leave the factory... but you could play it at a medium level for 20-30 minutes and then let her rip.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3210
WAIT!!!!! Is it 2ohm stable bridged? Most 2ch. amps are only stable at 2ohms PER CHANNEL and 4ohms BRIDGED. I would double check on that, if it is 2ohm stable bridged your fine, but if not just connect each voice coil to its own channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us