C.FREE

Post Number: 1447
[IMG]http://i16.tinypic.com/625ydxs.jpg[/IMG]

for 3000wrms

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 201
on the back battery you don't have to run it all the way to the front one, that would waste alot of wire, just ground it to the chassis

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1449
right, i can do that

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1487
I would run the wire to the back because it will allow for more current to flow.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1450
so steinke ur sayin go ahead and run the neg to neg from front to back> or jus ground the back battery on the chassis as well?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1489
For the amount of power you are going to be running I would run a negative from front battery to the negative on back battery and ground your amps from there.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3198
x2

Running a dedicated ground wire ussualy allows better power flow, also you can just run the ground straight to the alternator then to your battery if you want rather then the chassis, expeccialy if your running a dedicated ground. from the front battery to the rear one.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1453
can yall like make a diagram, this is mesin with my mind. im gonna sleep on, words are just confusing me rihgt now. but thanks for help atleast.i understand a touch

Gold Member

Post Number: 1490
Here I changed yours. This is what it should look like for the most part
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3201
if he does the dedicated groun he might as well run the ground thats from engine block to chassis.. and make that from alt. to batt... JMO but i think that would work out a little better, and be easier to do. If your not using your chassis as the ground for your system there is no point in adding more grounds to it since the power wont be flowing through it

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1454
thanks guys i thnk i got it, do i know have to ground the alt to the engine block tho?? cause i thought that was part of the big three

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3306
Just drill in the rear and run 0 gauge grounds to the chassis...I'm not sure why you'd want to run a negative all they way from the front.It all is going to ground to the chassis in the long run.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3478
i ran 3600rms on two batts.. both grounded the the chassis.. never had any voltage probs.. save the wire and run a second power wire.. don't need to run a complete ground from batt to batt..

if you start adding more in the trunk connect the ones back there

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1455
OK so just ground the front and rear batteries to the chassis, and ground the memphis and the alpine to the rear battery?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3479
i just used the same spot on the chassis in the trunk to ground everything

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1456
ok, but the main thing is there is no need to do another run of negatives, i can jus ground everything to the chassis, and then ground the amps to the battery.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1457
like this...

[IMG]http://i7.tinypic.com/4vikkuq.jpg[/IMG]

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3310
That will work but in the drawing you have a long negative coming from the front battery.You don't need that at all.You just need to ground to the chassis somewhere.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1458
alright, thats what im gonna do thanks alot guys, ive got alot better understanding of this now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3221
if your not doing the dedicated groun then yes you need to upgrade the engine block\alt to the chassis, if you did the dedicated ground then that would have been pointless but since your not no more.. then yes do it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us