Amp problem!

Bronze Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Post Number: 17
Ok, i have a alpine MRD M605 amp, and its hooked up to 2 10" subs. everything is hooked up right, and it was working great...had the sound tuned great and everything. But here comes the problem. I drove to my aunts house this morning, everything was fine...normal...hitting hard and great. well later on when i was leaving there, i started my car and my amp never came on. i tested the volts on the pos. and neg. terminals on the amp, and it was 12v when the car wasnt started and 6v when the car was running. so its getting power. in line fuse is fine, and the fuses on the amp is fine. but the amp does NOT come on. The remote wire is still connected to the amp, and its still pluged in the back of the HU...its attached onto the RCA cables, so i dont see how it could have gotten cut anywhere where it is run from/to. But is there anything i can test? or what else could possibly be wrong? gain set to high and it has auto shut off or something? please help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
figured it out...amp wasn't grounded all that well but i fixed it and it works great. thanks for ALL the help.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6321
Good job. Now you've learned something new.
Your 12v reading doesn't sound too good though. It should read at least 14v with car on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us