SSA and RD tension level

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1338
alright it seems like every post there is some kind of attack at the other. Or each brand is trying to prove the other has an inferior product. so why dont we just have a Fi/SSA vs. RD showdown? put similar priced drivers against each other in all categories, and find someone to do the comparisons whos non-biased and everyone is ok with.

not only would it put an end to all the talk but i (as a customer) would like to see where i could spend my money the most efficiently.

so lets see it...

Bronze Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 26
If there is problems with RD AUDIO and any other companies it is not direct from RD AUDIO it may be people who sell or use our products. I think all of the above companies are quality product. We have done many Side by Sides and reviews. We have all the Reviews that want already setup or working on setting them up for our new Alpha and Elite SPL v.2's. Every Company has its own business model and direction they are going in.
At RD we are moving to build relationships with qualified retail shops and at the beginnings of an Advertising Campaign that will put us in several magazines and other things. We are putting a lot into R&D and coming out with another Line of Amplifiers designed by RD AUDIO.

I hope the best for all the other car audio companies out there. Competition is good for the industry. It is what drives some companies to improve product for the consumer.

Life is full of drama just don't get too caught up in it.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2089
I would like to see the RD Alpha 10" or 12" or 15" against Fi BTL 10" or 12" or 15" on 2000RMS and then death match on a sh!t load of watts? Who agrees with me.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7784
And who pays for this "comparison"?

Bronze Member
Username: Devildriver

Post Number: 36
Ben has created this whole issue. I tried to help him defuse it, but then he turned around and stirred the pot some more. He is the one dragging this on, at this point.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2091
Paul Larrea

You will pay for it right? HA HA

Ben had nothing to do with what I said. I have been wondering about this since the RD Alpha has been out. Two well built subs lets see who comes out on top.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7786
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Mrogowski

Post Number: 48
Interesting...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2092
UFC ain't got sh!t on that.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 515
old news. it all started when ben was banned from ca.com then kept stirring sh!t up. Its really ridiculous because both are good products. I was always weary of RD just because of how hard it was shoved in our faces by the SELLERS. If the product is good, we will know it.

And Trey do you realize that SSA is not just FI, they have many other brands there as well. They are fighting for business and there is very low censorship here so they take advantage.

Plus IMO all these comparisons have so many variables that the only real way to tell is first hand.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 310
I am not taking sides here but i see showrides just come in in some threads were ssa members post he talks sh!t makes the people at ssa get mad and talk sh!t and showrides never is seen in that thread again like if he likes conflict. I know when he first started posting here alot of ecoustic members didn't like him since he kept pushing people to buy their products. I personally wouldnt buy from any one of them sice all they like to do is fight i dont want to do business with them. Scott, shawn,steve miller ect.. are good peoplei would do business with them

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 935
I be good people too :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1906
I will own an RD SHW 18 soon. I shall let yall know how it stacks up against DDs top line ups...

Be kinda hard for someone to compare 2 different subs tho...each will hav its stronger points, and the best will simply be subjective to the listener.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 814
I didn't know there was anything between SSA and Rd Audio

But don't get companies confused here. The only beefs I have had were against that kent guy, and a single moderator on ca.com. I wasn't happy that I was banned from SSA, but it's a shop's forum, so I can understand why they wouldn't want me there. No hard feelings with that one. I would have done the same in their situation. And denim seems to be a good guy. We have never had any problems.

But saying there is tension between RD and SSA I can't really understand.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 815
And Julian, this sn used to belong to a Low-Hz rep. I think you are getting things confused between myself and him.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1242
i can vouch for ben and kevin ... ben is stand up guy .. sure he tries to get people to buy his products .. thats how u run a business ... talk to the guy personally not through a forum if u want get the exact answer ur looking for ... that will ultimately let you into what kind of person he is ..

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 817
^^^ So true.

My screename is Showridesnet on AIM and I would be more than happy to talk with people whenever I have time. As people like Mike know, we do talk a lot about car audio, but of course a lot of BS'ing goes on as well. I never get in any arguments over AIM, maybe I just come across differently on forums.

Silver Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 112
this is not between ssa and low-hz. it's not even between ssa the company and rd audio. it's between kent and ben. plain and simple. and why is that?

because ben isn't a stand up guy. ben is a mouth who runs on saying how his product is better based on size and price. ben is a mouth who runs on issuing a challange and when the lesser product shows up, ben backs up. ben is a mouth who says "kent will be 100% unbiased" but then backpedals and wants a rd sponsored competitor to do the review. no, ben is anything but a stand up guy. if it wasn't for kevin backing ben's mouth, i'd have a problem with low-hz. but kevin manned up, and produced a sub. kevin and i talked on the phone. steve and i talked on the phone, another stand up guy. but ben? no, ben is nothing but a mouth.

tell you what. you want to settle this ben? fine. kevin (if kevin doesn't have it, steve does)has my cell phone number, and email address. let's get it off the forums. prove to me your more then mouth. it ends (on my side,) right now on the forums. that is unless you don't man up on this. let's hash it out between you and i off the boards. quit cluttering up sh!t with the back and forth.

it's up to you. that's my play.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gold Member

Post Number: 1340
"And Trey do you realize that SSA is not just FI, they have many other brands there as well. They are fighting for business and there is very low censorship here so they take advantage."

yes, but i can remember vividly when Low-HZ is trying to sell a product and they compare it to such and such driver or claim it has certain attributes and will perform better because of it (i.e basket,coil,magnet) its usually someone affiliated with Fi that comes over here and treis to disprove it.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 819
I say Ben and Kent just do a Kimbo Slice type fight, and that would be the end of it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
fine with me, whatever a kimbo slice fight is.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gold Member

Post Number: 1341
lol kimbo is the shhiiiit!! that dude whips sum azz. kent, look him on youtube, hes about my size, just a bit smaller..

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
lol, will do!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gold Member

Post Number: 7807
Now that Russian guy beat his azz lol. Everyone else though, yeah he's a brick shithouse.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 822
Was the russian guy like that 7 minute fight where Kimbo's boys kept breaking it up? That is the only one I have seen him lose.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7814
Yup. Stamina man, stamina.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
i'm down for a good old fashioned street brawl, lol.

kimbo is tough. that bear dude put a pretty good whooping on him.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1374
Kimbo is gonna fight former heavyweight champion Ray Mercer, MMA style, this weekend or next weekend on PPV

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1375
bump...pos

Gold Member

Post Number: 7832
Yeah I keep hearing that on the radio. Once it goes PPV though how can anyone trust the outcome?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 823
Any bets on who is going to win.

Kimbo or Mercer?

And you guys all see that training video? It didn't show much though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7833
Gotta say though, pushing his street fights on the internet paid out for him.

Anyone got a link to info?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us