Need Help

Username: Jahe05

Post Number: 1
hey, my friend and i recently installed a car audio system into my car. I have 2 12' rockfordfosgate p1's and a Kenwood KAC-7203 Amp. max power 1000 Watts. The problem is that the subs sound more crisp and clear when there is only one sub being used than with both subs. If anyone can please help me fix this problem i would really appreciate it. thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1054
What voice coil are the subs? What are the amp specs? You may have them wired wrong. And MAX power means absolutly nothing.

Post Number: 3
Sorry I dont know anything about this stuff. But the voice coil on the subs are 1.5" aluminum and the specs for the amp are 170 watts RMSx2 at 4 Ohms and 1%THD+N
170 WAtts x2 RMS (4Ohms, 20-20kHz)
250 Watts x2 RMS (2 Ohms, 1kHz)
500 Watts x1 RMS (bridged 4 Ohms, 1kHz)
CEA-2006 Compliant
2 Ohms Load capability
gold plated power and speaker terminal
line output terminals for extension

...right off the box :\ is that what you needed?

Gold Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1055
On the subs are the voice coils dual 4ohms,dual 2ohms,single 4 ohms,single 2ohms?

Gold Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1056
"Sorry I dont know anything about this stuff"

Its cool man we are all noobs at one time. But you problly should have asked this before you installed it since you no nothing. Im not tryin to be a d!ck i just hate to see someone ruin their brand new equipment.

Gold Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1057
Ok i just checked and they only come in single 4ohm or single 8ohm. If they are single 8ohm then wire it like this bridged on your amp to get 500wrms at 4ohms.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=2&woofer_imp=2

If they are single 4ohm then just wire each on to each channel on your amp to get 170wrms x 2.

BTW that amp problly doesnt do its rated power,Kenwood amps arnt that great and neither are those Rockford subs. In the future dont buy anything from Best Buy except maybe a Type R.

Post Number: 5
yeah the only reason i got this stuff was because my friend worked there and i got a really good deal for all of this stuff. i know its not the best but it was my first setup and my friend said it was decent. ( he knows how to do all of this stuff but he couldnt figure out why both of them together sounded bad) thanks again guys ill try to wire them differently when i get back from work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us