Thinking of re-coning my HD3 15" to a 12" or 10"

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1043
I dont think i have enough space for a 15 so im thinkin a 12 will sound better. I dont think my truck was meant to have a 15" in it. It sounds like sh*t for some reason but my 12w6 sounded awesome. So i was wanting to know how much AQ charges to do a recone. And if you all think i should just keep the 15 and try different boxes to see if that helps. Or i was also thinkin maybe getting reconed to a 10,ive heard some very loud systems with 10s and i think i like the sound of the bass 10s produce better that 12s or 15s. 10s seem to hit every note in any type of music and they can get pretty low too,they seem to be more punchier than bigger woofers. So what do you all think i should do?

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1384
A recone is usually somewhere from 80-140 plus shipping but I am not sure what Audioque charges.

But, IMO because there is nothing wrong with your sub instead of getting it reconed to a smaller size you should just try and sell it and buy one that is a smaller size.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1387
No bump for me.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 136
i agree i like tens better they sound punchy and seem to hit every note. But what kind of box do you have currently? whats it tuned to? Do like steinkea suggested just sell the sub and get one you want

Gold Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1044
The box is 42x24x12 tuned to 40hz 4^ft. I think the port might be to wide,its 8" wide, b/c i get alot of port noise. And it would prolly take a long time to sell it and anyways AQ says they are out of stock on the HD3s.

Gold Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1046
Also i was readin this on AQs site

http://www.audioque.com/aq/modProgram.htm

it never says anything about being charged for doing that,so i wonder if its free.

Gold Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1047
bump

Gold Member

Post Number: 1396
Hmm I never heard of that but it sounds like they should do it then. I am sure you will still have to pay for shipping it though.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2403
that is if you blow the woofer, and only if you blow the woofer

Gold Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1048
Well anyways do you think its a good idea to recone to a 10 or 12? Or should i experiment with new boxes for my 15 first?

Gold Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1049
I dont think so Reece did you actually read it?

"If you changed something in your system and the sub is now either too big or too small, send it back in and have it rebuilt into what the new system needs."

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 386
Just E Mail DJ he will help you out

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5374
the way hats written to me means it will cost but can be done anytime

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3308
i'd try a different box first, you say you get a lot of port noise so thats proablly why it sounds like sh1t.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us