Cd player+amp problem

Username: Andyhar

Post Number: 1
When i turn the head unit on, the radio works fine, but when i try and play a cd it won't work.

Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4670
when you switch to cd mode is your amp turned on?

Post Number: 2
There is no indication that the amp is on. I have a feeling i connected the power on to the wrong cable, i was in a hurry when i did it. It is connected to the blue cable if i remember correctly, which is the antenna power, which is wrong! I have a light blue cable that is spare, is this where the power on is supposed to connect to?

Post Number: 3
Sorry for the double post.

The light blue cable is labelled ATT.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4672
i think att is the cell mute. it sounds like you hooked your amp up to the antenna cable which is why its only on when the radio is on.

Post Number: 5
ok
I'm not sure what cable i'm supposed to connect to?
I have:
red-switched power supply
yellow-continuous power supply
Plus black earth and speakers cables
Here is a diagram:
http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2699135111.pdf

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4676
measure the voltage of the ATT with the unit off and on cdplayer mode. if you get 12volts when its on then that is the remote line.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4677
actually my bad, cell mute is brown in most cases. try connecting it the the ATT wire it should work

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 140
NO^^^^ you need to connect it to the blue one with a white line tru it the solid blue one is for the antenna

Post Number: 6
The ATT is Attenuator i believe, so that would be for a phone.

As i obviously don't have a remote turn-on i will have to use the red accessories wire which will turn the amp on whenever i turn the ignition.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4682
damn i though the ATT was the blue/white stripe for you. but measure the voltage of it and see.

if not what you said will work and you could put a switch so you can still turn them off while the car is on.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 141
what kind of head unit do you have? most head units have two blue wires if yours has two connect it to the other blue one instead and it should work

Post Number: 7
I have one dark blue, that is the Antenna Power and a light blue labelled ATT. This is the Attenuator cable. I don't see any remote turn-on. See the link above for the wiring set-up. It is wired into the red cable now, so it is on everytime i turn the ignition.

I seem to get a pop when i turn the ignition off, it has always done this, but i was curious as to why? The earth is connected to a clean bolt going into the body of the car, so i'm not sure what is causing it?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4688
the pop is because of how it turns on the REM lead gives the amps a turn on delay to avoid the pop. the att might be the REM so i would check its voltage with a DMM.

Post Number: 8
The pop has gone now it is wired to the accessories wire.

My next problem is with the bass being distorted at high volume. Should i turn the gain up some more or turn off bass boost?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4705
turn off the bass boost
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us