Sub keeps blowing help

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 444
my friend just got at 15" kicker l7 and he played it for like 2 hours and the sub blew already so then he ordered a new one and he played that for like maybe 2 days and now that sub blew whats going on here. I know his amp settings are all set in the middle the x-over is a little below i think at 80, the gain is right in the middle and the bass boost is right in the middle is this happenig because he shoudl break the subs in not loud for a cpl weeks or should he have everything set to sumthin diff on the amp. I know he has a really big box and its tuned at 35hz but idk if that has anything to do with this.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 445
bump

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1409
Something is wrong (obviously). What amp?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2384
gain must be set a certain way... you can't just throw it half way and think you're good.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 446
yeah its the kicker zx1000.1 amp so its a perfect match for the sub. on MY old system i had 2 12's and always set the gain 3/4 all the way up basically and i neva had a prob my friend set his to halfway and his blew but should he play it at lower volume for now until the sub breaks in or does that not really matter

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1402
turn the bass boost down.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 448
really? why would the bass boost help what exactly does the bass boost do i thought all it does was give it more bass what is a good spot to put the bass boost at

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1405
1/8 is what i set mine at, at most now more than a 1/4 just to be safe. someone post that ed vid and show him was bb does

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 449
yes a bass boost video would help a lot so hopefully this stuff wont happen again

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 382
This will help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm4aaC87ARg

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 451
thanks but i need help with the bass boost exactly what it does

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 455
bump

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 189
http://www.icixsound.com/iv/view_video.php?viewkey=c13838ff95ccfa94cebd

^best bass boost video

Bronze Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 93
bass boost off. if his h/u has any sub control, turn that all the way up, and then set the gains on the amp.

if a dmm or oscope isn't to be add, play a 50hz, 3db test tone. turn the gain up until you hear distortion, it'll be audible. a distinct changing of the sound. when you get to that point, turn the gain back a bit, just until the distortion goes away. that should get you extremely close.

try to NEVER use bass boost.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bronze Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 94
bass boost off. if his h/u has any sub control, turn that all the way up, and then set the gains on the amp.

if a dmm or oscope isn't to be had, play a 50hz, 3db test tone. turn the gain up until you hear distortion, it'll be audible. a distinct changing of the sound. when you get to that point, turn the gain back a bit, just until the distortion goes away. that should get you extremely close.

try to NEVER use bass boost.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11696
i'm thinking both ur gains & BB is set too high which caused ur coils to fry .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us