JL ZR570-CSi

Username: Mr2gt300

New Jersey

Post Number: 2
Hey, i just bought 2 sets of these (JL ZR570-CSi) for my 06 expedition, and an Alpine PDX 4.150 amp to power them. I was just wondering peoples opinion of these components, but keep in mind i only paid 700$ for BOTH sets, not the 700-800 per set that people mostly charge for them retail....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4656
pretty good deal. honestly for that much on speakers i would have went a differnt route, but that is a nice amp.

New Jersey

Post Number: 3
yea? what other speakers compare for $350 a pair? and thanks that amp is crazy, low distortion and it puts out like 25 watts per channel more than its rms rating, someone i know had one tested and it really put out a tru 176 watts per channel at 4 ohms instead of the 150 they claim..

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4662
yeah and those pdx have a small footprint, i am really considering them for my next install. well for 350 a pair their are alot of options. rainbow cmx right of the top of my head, also their are tons of different DIY drivers you can pair together and run active. im sure youll be happy with the JL so thats all you have to worry about.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1282
i would have tried going with a 6.5 but other then that those speakers kick *ss and so does the amp. for money i wouldent have gone any other route.

New Jersey

Post Number: 4
yea i thought of the 6.5s but that would require me possibly cutting into the frame of my door, my truck has 5x7's stock so it would be a simpler install... i had heard good things about the rainbows but all the ones i looked at were more money.. i know JL makes some good stuff and i had heard them in someones civic.. they sounded better than some MB quarts id heard previously that i was also thinking of.. someone told me MB quart was bought by K-mart too is that true lol? anyway i feel better now at least that three people didnt say, " oh those suck" or "those are a pos" lol... also like the last guy said i paid under 1000$ for all four pairs AND the amp all brand new so im not to unhappy..

New Jersey

Post Number: 6
Just another thing i was wondering about... has anyone heard the JL stealthbox for the expedition XLT? i bought that too and am pairing it up with another alpine PDX, the PDX 1.600... its got a 10w3 sub in it... just wondering if this box really works in a car that big, before i start cutting my center console apart... ive asked some shops and since i didnt buy it from them, they could kinda care less so they didnt give me a direct answer..

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4666
you can easily fit 6.5 in 5x7 i have 6.75s in a 4x6 hole.

New Jersey

Post Number: 7
well ive never tried, but doesnt it make sense, physically speaking that a 6.5" circle can not fit into something only 5 inches wide without a little trimming?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4683
buy you have to make a baffel to cover the extra space around the speaker. when you add a baffel that is .5-.75" thick it raises the speaker enough so it will fit.

New Jersey

Post Number: 9
yea they make adapters for them, but i just wanted to keep everything in the stock holes to give the car a completely stock look, because id have to modd the door panels then cuz they press right up against the face of the speakers in my truck, i think the truck utilizes the door panel as kinda like a bass tube like a bazooka style setup...thanks for the info tho, so anyone put a stealthbox in their expedition yet?

New Jersey

Post Number: 10
yea they make adapters for them, but i just wanted to keep everything in the stock holes to give the car a completely stock look, because id have to modd the door panels then cuz they press right up against the face of the speakers in my truck, i think the truck utilizes the door panel as kinda like a bass tube like a bazooka style setup...thanks for the info tho, so anyone put a stealthbox in their expedition yet??

Bronze Member

New Jersey

Post Number: 11
yea they make adapters for them, but i just wanted to keep everything in the stock holes to give the car a completely stock look, because id have to modd the door panels then cuz they press right up against the face of the speakers in my truck, i think the truck utilizes the door panel as kinda like a bass tube like a bazooka style setup...thanks for the info tho, so anyone put a stealthbox in their expedition yet???

Bronze Member

New Jersey

Post Number: 12
sorry bout tripple posts, kept giving me an error message, thought it wasnt working

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 580
im trying to replace my all my speakers in my 2005 Lincoln Aviator (5"x7"), does anyone know any component speakers that are similar to the JL Audio ZR570 csi's because im not trying to spend 500 per set
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us