DC Sounds Video

Username: Team_dc_audio

Post Number: 9
Here is a video from a dB Drag event in Sparks, NV today. 8 Level 4 15" subs on 4 Crossfire 4000 watt amps.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oxKXRnH600k

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7671
Short but sweet!

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2069
Wheres the numbers?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2380
^^^ that's what I'm sayin

Bronze Member
Username: Slimdog53185

Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.

Post Number: 56
I would really consider getting some of those subs if we had some numbers. Can we have some more videos at least?

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1507
don't buy subs based on some numbers that SOMEONE ELSE did...

just because they can get high numbers out of it doesn't mean you can.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 798
Not much you can tell from 8 15's either.

Got any videos of a single 15" setup?

Post Number: 10
he scored his highest score to date with a 154.8db... that s in Reno if he was in the bay Area or Sac it would register around 155.5db.. his previous high was 155.0 in Sac area

That is according to the man Mike himself.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4291
are those sealed?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
They are ported. People have tried to get him to switch his enclosure but he says he like it because it is diffrent.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5618
why all this people came here for?? sell right??? all of these people just came to try to sell not to help :-( too bad you dont come here and at least do somethign for the forum and atleast give us 50% iff your entry price but no you come here to sell period.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2385
8 15s and 8000 watts put up a 155 in a wall? i can't say i'm impressed... the subs look nice though

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 579
dont u mean 16000 watts.. those crossfires do 4000 watts @ 2ohm.. maybe i'm rong and that is the max

4 crossfire

Gold Member

Post Number: 2390
i can't say i'm impressed with a wall of 8 15s and 16000 watts doing 155 decibels unless it's tuned incredibly low...

the subs look nice though...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I can understand if your not impressed but that was his best score just changing subs. He wont change his design because he says its diffrent.

Kingrob, the price is 50% of retail. There is a group buy going to happen the July 1st through August 1st. Were trying to do everything we can give you a deal, but if your suggesting selling woofers at a loss then I am sorry but that will never happen with any company.I appologize if those aren't discounted enough for you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5621
3 days ago i found out about a new company called dc i though it was from the band ac/dc but i guess is not do you at least have alink so we can see those products?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2082
Was that on a TL?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2083
http://dcsoundlab.com/home.html

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 294
man 155 with 16000wrms i was thinking of getting 2 18" level 4's but if 8 15's is hitting 155 ill only hit 140 with 2 18's and 3000wrms.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4294
most of you don't have a CLUE what 155 is like... I listened to a van the other week hitting 155 with 24 12s.... it was insane. Most of you guys are too caught up with numbers... the number is not directly related to how it sounds to your ear. givew those subs and amps to someone who know exactly what they are doing and they can pull 160s out of it I'm sure. But you just don't understand the kind of work it takes to do so. going from 130 to 140 is easy. 140 to 150 harder and 150 to 160 even harder. The more comps you go to the more you'll realize this.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 134
haha eddie got pwned do a google search if you want to learn more about db levels.........

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4295
when i say exactly what they are doing i'm refering to someone who knows exactly how to hit high on the meter. I'm sure that guy knows alot about car audio, but hitting a certain number on a meter takes alot more than that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2399
ok.... still not impressed with 8 15s and 16000 watts pulling 155 in a wall... i may not know how hard it is but i know i've seen less than 8 15s on 16000 watts hit higher numbers. i'm pretty sure meade bassraces higher with 4 18s and about 20000 watts and he's not using a wall

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4298
pete from ttb had 2 RL-i 8s hitting 149.8 i think it was, so is everybody gonna go out and run that setup? no. wait for some of these subs to be tried by people who can give a review on a 2 12 or 2 15 or 1 15 or w/e setup. we aren't sure if this van was for show or to win meter competitions...

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3306
he never said what hz he was hitting 155 at, for all we know he could be hitting 155 at 30hz, which to any1 that knows anything about car audio is insanely loud.

Silver Member
Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 109
we will see how close half the woofers and power get me when i get my damn 1750s...

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1537
"i'm pretty sure meade bassraces higher with 4 18s and about 20000 watts and he's not using a wall"

meade's not a bass racer...

Plus 155 im pretty sure that van was doing 155 + on music

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Ok some people are missing the whole point, this was his highest score to date and its just from switching out the subs. He will not change his design because he says it is diffrent. I know he can gain more output if he would redesign his enclosure but thats his van and his install.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2405
well isn't bassracing 30 seconds of music? thought so...

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 144
no everybody gets the point except reece lol hes just skeptical i guess cause its a new company. But you guys should get like a single sub set up and see how much it hits.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I can understand hes skepticle but I don't know how to make things more clear for him. Maybe when the review comes in for the sub that was sent out today for testing/review comes back he will be satisfied.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4300
who is doing the testing??

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1317
i just dont see much that stands out to me. give me some actual pics, specs and real life reviews/ vids and id be much more inclined to think of DC as a possibility....

Gold Member

Post Number: 5630
how mucha re the stage 4??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Chad Hicks is doing the testing.

Trey everything you need to know or want to know is found on these two forums.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showforum=70

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showforum=78

All above and future information/videos/review will be posted in our official forum on soundsolutionsaudio.com. Sorry about the delay.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2406
i'm not skeptical i understnad the circumstances and by no means am i saying those are BAD numbers i just simply said i'm not impressed by the numbers... in my honest opinion this is not a selling point. i would LOVE to hear the true potential of these subs not 8 crammed into an improper enclosure... i wasn't dissing the subs or company... the subs look great, the website looks great, and i know the subs could put up some sick numbers, and i look forward to seeing them...

everyone STFU ragging just because you didn't understand the intent of my posts

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 303
Team dc audio maybe you guys could send a level 4 sub to kent aka mrray13 over at ssa.com so he can test it out and post numbers and a review hes the one who did a review for the rd audio classic,maw-15, and the ssa icon that way people would get a good fair review of these subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Chad is one of the people who organized and ran the great 12 challenge posted over at ROE. A lot of people trust his judgement so that is why the sub was sent to him.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 808
Go with Chad for sure. That mrray13 guy always seems to be slightly biased towards SSA companies. So actually, maybe you would want to go with him lol.

But Chad I have known for years, and he is a stand up guy. Very honest with all his reviews, and has a lot of expieriance with different subwoofers. I think you are making a VERY good choice by having him review your subs.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 470
"That mrray13 guy always seems to be slightly biased towards SSA companies"

Or maybe he just proved that the MAW12 would be a better choice on a budget than the RD classic. Would hate to have a little bit of business hurt eh?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 809
I was talking about the Icon.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 471
I know, but I was just expecting someone that sold RD to talk about his reviews. Sorry if it came off harsh, just not in a good mood atm.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 810
No problem man.

I would never comment on someones review of one my own products. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if they love a product I sell that is great, if they hate it that is unfortunate.

But in this case, Chad has been a long time friend and I know for a fact he is a very knowledgeable person when it comes to subwoofers. I just feel he would do a much better job at giving a 100% unbiased review.

Just trying to help another company out, that's all. It doesn't matter to me at all if mrray or chad reviews DC subwoofers.

But like I said, no hard feelings at all.

Silver Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 101
"Go with Chad for sure. That mrray13 guy always seems to be slightly biased towards SSA companies. So actually, maybe you would want to go with him lol. "

wow, every chance you get, huh? and i'm biased towards ssa stuff? yet i dog both it's sealed box performance and it's numbers. just how in the hell is that biased? not like your not biased, i mena you called out mach5 based on looks and price alone, and then that $70 woofer ran with your $150-210 dollar one, depending on who you talk to. but wait, you chickened out and kevin had to back your play. i forget just how big a man you are, i mean standing behind your words and all. coward.

you would never comment on someone's review of your own products? liar. all you wanted was snoopdan to do the maw12, rd classic review. talking about how unbiased he would be, except isn't he sponsored by rd? and you've posted in maw/rd thread, haven't you? yeah, your so upstanding. coward.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gold Member

Post Number: 5642
dude why you all make your favorite butt buddies to do the review?? why you dont let somebody like another company do the review???

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
dude, ben didn't want somebody from another company to do a review, and when the called out responed, ben backed out, only wanting to play if someone from the rd team did the review.

i was asked to do it because i'm honest, and i don't play favorites. the Icon isn't perfect, and i noted that. what more do you want? the maw12 wasn't perfect, the classic isn't perfect. if there is a flaw, i point it out, even if the sub is given to me, ala the xxx i had. yeah, i won it in a raffle then got into an argument with david because it suffered from sealed box no bottom end syndrome.

take my review for what's it is, my opinion on a product. don't like it, cool, move on. like it, even better. but don't call it biased when it's anything but.

that is all.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Wow this turned bad real quick. I didn't mean for this to turn into a pissing contest. I know there is ill feelings between you to but I respectfully ask you to take that out of this thread please.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
done bro, my apologies.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bronze Member
Username: Dc_audio

Sparks, NV

Post Number: 13
for referance, we just installed 2 18s in a blazer that did 146's off 2000 watts, we did 2 LV410s in a CRX and did a 153.4 in a DB Drag Street A set up and We tested 4 18s in a astro with a wall that did a 162. something. These tests were all on a termlab with the sensor on the glass db drag style.

Silver Member
Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 112
no offense to anyone ESP DC, just references to go off of....

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2944
Send me a single 15, I will test that sh!t for you! I am about as unbiased as they come but I have to warn you, I speak the truth and only the truth, lol. Polo.. :-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us