I need help with my 1999 Mercury Sable...

Username: Xxgarmilsmixx

Post Number: 1
Im putting 2 12" MTX subs @ 500 W. Each, and a Crunch Drive Series LED Amp pushing (i think) 800 RMS Watts. In this car, you either need to get an aftermarket HU (which looks totally rediculous, especially in the Gen. III, like I have) or you can just use a scosche RCA converter in order to hook up the amp. Im doing the latter option, becuase the aftermarket HU looks so ugly and stupid lol. All i need ois for someone to give me a wiring chart for a 1996-1999 FOrd Taurus or Mercury Sable (same thing). I need the wiring chart for the STOCK AMP in the trunki, not the HU, because nothing can be done with the back of the stock hu, i already looked there. Please, any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if there is already another post on this topic, but I just created my account 3 minutes ago so I can ask this question.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

+

Silver Member
Username: _jay_

Post Number: 208
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/1503.html

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 306
Just to let you know, when you are looking at the back of the "head unit", you are not looking at the reciever, that is in the trunk. I have the same car, and have dealt with the same problems you will encounter. Its a PITA, but was well worth it for me, cause Ithought the stock speakers and radio sounded like A** ! Good luck. If you have any more questions or concerns, drop another post.

Username: Xxgarmilsmixx

Post Number: 3
i know lol...i already got what I wanted, but thanks...btw, did you use the Scosche unit?? is it possible to give me some pointers on how to wire it?? i got it in the mail today (from ebay...$10.00)

tanks fer the post!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us