Tough question

Bronze Member
Username: Schinner

Post Number: 62
after setting the gain with my dmm.... i cant turn the volume up to 75%... i hear a kind of click like noise and the bass will cut after like 5 miliseconds on each hit............im wondering if my car cant feed the amp the power it tries to send the subs...my headlights and other lights do dimm when the volume is about 62-65%

BTW thanks for all of the info guys

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2017
Did you set your gain to your head unit volts? Are you using recommended guage for your amp?

What amp are you using and how many amps is your alternator?

Bronze Member
Username: Schinner

Post Number: 63
gain to head unit volts??? i just used subwoofertools.com to find the voltage to set it to, it said 34.6 volts for 600 wrms at 2 ohms which is how i have it wired

guage wire and fuse is correct 4 awg

kicker zx750.1

stock alternator

If the ground wire wasnt connected good enough would that cause this kind of problem?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2030
What model head unit do you have?

Disconnect speakers.
Turn your gain/input sensetivity all the way down. Turn off bass boost and any crossovers.
Turn on your head unit. Set the volume control to 3/4 of full. Set all equalization and bass/treble controls to zero. Turn off loudness and BBE processing.
Probe your amplifier's outputs.
Insert your tone CD. Select a tone within your amplifier's playing range.
Play your selected tone and adjust the gain until you reach your target voltage.
Reconnect your speakers and verify proper operation. Set crossovers and adjust levels for proper tonal balance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2031
Oh yeah check your ground make sure you have a solid connection. Scrape off any paint
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us